AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received a pair of Paradigm studio 20's V2 that I bought on ebay. Upon close inspection I found there to be what looked like some kind of glue or liquid that dried around the edges of the surround?. It looks like it could possibly have been from a poor manufacturing job.

Here are a couple pictures of it and the different places it is in.

Right now I'm basically wondering if this is something that is worth returning them over. This substance (whatever it is) wasn't visible in the pictures on the auction so I wasn't able to notice it before i bought them. Also it is only on one of the speakers.

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valyrius /forum/post/16920830

Oh I probably should have mentioned that. They sound amazing.

Then what's the problem?

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
They probably didn't leave Paradigm like that, which means someone did a "repair." I wouldn't be happy about that.

Paradigm makes great speakers, BTW.

·
Registered
56 Posts
maybe check your ebay listing

sometimes they sneak in some text and thats where you can get tricked

we're they advertised as new, did they come in the box??

you could always ask the seller a question, but i'd check the listing carefully before

·
Registered
380 Posts
...call Paradigm ?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
My old speakers looked like that when I got them reconed. Maybe that's what happened to those? I used mine for 15 years like that and it never presented an issue. I think you're fine from a functioning and sound quality perspective. If the aesthetics bug you thats another issue.

I put my old speakers on craigslist and did not list them as having been reconed.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
"Omission of a material fact constitutes fraud."

Last year I sold a slightly used $2,200 set of Zipp 202 road bicycle wheels. I even told the buyer that one rim had been replaced (with the exact Zipp rim) and one of the spokes had been replaced. It's called disclosure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.