But I couldn't understand what thumperizing mean

exactly.

Please explain.

------------------

Have a nice day!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
So I do not understand what IMHO means, I am a french guy.

thanks you for your help.

------------------

Alfred Cylla

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thumper is the user ID of someone on this forum, who does physical modifications to a projector (currently DLP only I believe) to greatly improve its performance. In particular, your black level is greatly improved, and so you end up with much better contrast and colors when watching movies.

There are a bunch of threads on his work. I think the unanimous opinion is *IT'S TERRIFIC!!!* although some people use more !!!'s... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

(IMHO means In My Humble Opinion.)

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thumperize[b/] = Modify by Thumper (avs alias). Modifications are dependent on the projector, but I believe the UP-1100 was one of the projectors that benefits substantially from his mods.

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. Many times an indication that the opinion is not so humble.

Kelly

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mike and Kelly,

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day.

------------------

Alfred Cylla

·
Registered
813 Posts
The term "Thumperize" is used to describe the process performed by AVS member "Thumper" to enhance projector's performance. This process goes beyond a basic calibration, it involves modifications to the DMD engine resulting in, amongst others, drastically improved contrast levels.

The UP1100 has received the most coverage in this process (do a search and you will see) but he also works on other models and makes. I recently sent out my NEC LT-84, you can read my initial impressions here: http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008914.html.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Sergio R.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all !!!

------------------

Have a nice day!!

·
Registered