AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UTV with the 3.7 update. I see posts here talking about a "folders" function, what is that? All of my recordings are only listed sequentually by date, is there another way to list them?

Thank you

·
Registered
202 Posts
Folders should work automatically with 3.7 It will group your recordings 1st by title. Then by the date it was recorded. For example you could have a folder titled "Dateline". Within that would be the breakdown of Dateline recordings by date. Correct me if I am wrong fellow UTV users. I have not used a UTV in a while. It's in my grandkids room!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by theratpatrol
I still can't believe Tivo doesn't have this feature. Maybe with the new HDTivo.
Apparently not. Reports of the software at the CES indicate it functions very similar to DTiVo's retarded version 3!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wait a minute. Mine only does that if I have some automatic recordings setup. And I cannot organize anything into folders manually.

I must have 3.7, since I do have folders.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You don't really see "folders" like on your computer. In "My Shows" you will see a list, for example:

Friends

Third Watch

Judging Amy.

If you click on "Friends" it will list all episodes you have recorded but not deleted. Tivo is different in that it will list each episode of Friends separately, each "Third Watch" separately, etc. Makes for a much longer list, especially if you record daily, syndicated shows and not just the weekly original broadcasts.

This is just one of several things that make me reluctant to switch to Tivo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.