AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me, what is wrong.... and also what possible can be done to fix... I first thought it was a bad HDMI connection, but was kind of scared to see, that the error persisted in test-mode on the projector itself...

Please help...

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is getting to be more common failure in JVC projectors and it looks most expensive. You can look on the forum for such words like "pink banding". There are few posts about that or use google or European avforum.

I have the same problem on RS20 and I am out off warranty. It looks that it needs to be "optical block" replaced which costs about $5.000). Probably it is "assembly failure" because JVC is repairing that on warranty without any questions.

Please keep us informed how it was solved by you :)

·
Registered
609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBL /forum/post/20792407

Can anyone tell me, what is wrong.... and also what possible can be done to fix... I first thought it was a bad HDMI connection, but was kind of scared to see, that the error persisted in test-mode on the projector itself...

Please help...

Hi MBL

A thought. Did this happen gradually? Did you moved the PJ?

If you're seeing magenta instead of white, this is because there's no green in this stripe. Try a green signal. If the stripe is now black, then the green LCoS / polarizer is faulty. There's a chance too that the polarizer could have moved. JVC PJ's have a sealed light path, so you cannot fix it yourself. If your PJ is out of warranty, you can tell them that the "pink banding" is a well known problem in the AV forums, and that you know that they are repairing that (on warranty) without any questions (as klausm said).

Good luck

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much... I contacted JVC in Denmark, and they are picking it up without any questions.... great service so far.... NICE...

·
Registered
16 Posts
It means that you had valid warranty ?

Please don' t forget to come back if you will know more about that failure to share with us who are out of warranty :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts