AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
You want to try a short HDMI cable and a known 'good' working cable.

You want to try several sources connected directly to the projector, preferable a PC in this mix as it won't have copyright protection on it (HDCP).

You want to power off the projector, and unplug it for 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

Do you see the built-in on-screen menus or are they also messed up?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK update! I plugged a device directly to the projector and it worked perfectly fine. So I guess my troubles are with in the receiver. Everything connected to it has that type of feedback you see in the pictures. Any trouble shooting I can do there?

This has been all working fine for a year straight. Problem just accorded today.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
OK update! I plugged a device directly to the projector and it worked perfectly fine. So I guess my troubles are with in the receiver. Everything connected to it has that type of feedback you see in the pictures. Any trouble shooting I can do there?

This has been all working fine for a year straight. Problem just accorded today.
Sure, you get a new receiver.

:) :D ;)

Short of that, you can try doing a factory reset to your A/V receiver using the front panel buttons on the receiver. Since you didn't mention your receiver, and since I have no idea how you would do this, you may want to ask in the forum subsection for that type of question. People who have experienced similar receiver issues (perhaps with their flat panel TV), may direct you towards a more solid solution.

You did try unplugging the receiver for a bit didn't you?

In the past, I have had to reset a Denon receiver a couple of times. It was easy, but I had to start all over with the setup of the receiver. Still, it worked, and worked absolutely fine after I was done.

But, if resetting the receiver doesn't work, then you may need to get a new model. Lots out there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK back again. Thanks yeah it's the reciever. I took my receiver from another room and hooked it up to the same HDMI cables and it worked fine. The receiver that is no longer working is a Harmon Kardon 3650. I'll check the receiver forums before I sent it back for warranty. Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts