AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 are Silver Dream Racer, Timerider, and The Wild Angels. First movie is not on DVD disc, but my other 2 are, including Psychomania and Easy Rider!

Silver Dream Racer starred British Rock Star David Essex (Nick F) turned actor. Christina Raines, Beau Bridges, and Clark Peters as Cider/mechanic. His brother died leaving a lightweight special MC that Nick Freeman wanted to race in the Silver Stone 500 (miles) 1980 Eastmancolor, 101 Minutes featured Dolby Surround. It isn't out on disc yet but when it is, I will be the first in line to buy it. I have a Vhs tape of it that is well used!

DVD disc Time Rider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann (1982) starring Fred Ward as Lyle, Belinda Bauer as Claire, Ed Lauter the padre, L. Q. Jones, Peter Coyote, Richard Masur a few then unknowns. It was released on disc with full 5.1 DD remastered sound. Yarn about a time machine test Lyle Swann accidentally came upon, he was in Car & MC moto-cross, and was zipped back to the 1870s wild west, the rest would be a spoiler.

DVD disc The Wild Angels with Peter Fonda as Heavenly Blues, Bruce Dern as the loser and Nancy Sinatra as Mike, who doesn't sing in this flick. Music is by the Mike Curb Organization. Theme song by The Visitors featuring Barbara. About a biker named blues AKA heavenly Blues the 'pres' of Hell's Angel pack, movie made in 1966 I have the ST in stereo on CD.

What are yours and did you or do ride a Motor Cycle on the road, off, or both?

BTW has anyone ever seen Psychomania which is on DVD disc? Village of the Damned the original acted by George Sanders, who also played The Saint before Roger Moore did.

Off/Topic Same year I was riding my own Honda (New) 1966 CL77 305cc 'Scramber' twin cylinder, 2-28mm carbs w/o 2 into 1 muffler. On/off road MC, on the 18 mile 1812-1933 course of Switch Back Gravity Rail Road, between Summit Hill and Jim Thorpe, PA.

Right after that stint I repainted it with metal flake blue and gold flakes,(had to use devilbiss nozzle) 25 coates of clear acrylic on top and custom chromed side panels. MC fitted with high Z bars with extended cables and a sissy bar on back.

Featured tuck and rolled, with high seat for female passenger. Last year of MC was 1980, I wanted to buy a 750cc BMW w/shaft drive. TT Job *on* 24 hour call, 7 days!

· Registered
946 Posts
hob-

My favorite is George Romero's Knightriders. Great flick that few people saw.

Never had a cycle, but when I lived in Chicago I had a Vespa that I cruised to work on whenever the weather allowed.

jay

· Registered
99 Posts
I liked Easy Rider but havent seen it in a while.

· Registered
1,714 Posts
On Any Sunday :D

Raced Motocross for almost 20 years rode street for 2 years before traffic got to crazy around here. It was allot easier to bounce off the dirt instead of cars. On Any Sundy came out when I was in high school and I already had a bike but this is what made me want to race. Still love watching it to this day. I watched Time Rider just a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty cool. How about Little Fauss and Big Halsy? Man it's been years since I saw that one.

Later

Jim

· Registered
581 Posts
Krusty Demons of Dirt!!!!!!! Any of them, they are all awesome. They are now on DVD at Best Buy. If you have not seen any of these movies, you MUST!! They are not true movies per say but are a bunch of maniacs on Motocross bikes doing things that will make you cringe!!!!!!

· Registered
1,734 Posts
I kinda like Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

But the best bike movie ever is

STONE COLD

· Registered
99 Posts
Easy Rider is the quintessential motorcycle film. I'm sure this movie has inspired countless disillusioned young males to hop on a bike and go searching for America (themselves).

BTW, when will this ever receive a proper treatment/release?

· Registered
274 Posts
What about The Wild One,? classic Brando, too cool for words!

Other favs: Motor Psycho by Russ Meyer and these gems:

The Hellcats

The Hard Ride

The Cycle Savages

Devil's Angels

The Savage Seven

Born Losers

The Wild Angels

and assorted cycle-theme videos at: http://www.sepnet.com/rcramer/biker.htm

none main stream, just the way I like them :cool:

· Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now your talking about some good biker flicks that I and a young woman went to all of them back in the 60s she like MCs and cool cylclist that had blue and gold metal flake paint job shot on by me and a devilbiss nozzel.

Off /topic Bought from the company known as MetalFlake Inc Haverhill, MA. I bought their kit which included a 1 gallon of clear acryllic, and 1 quart of blue primer. I did a lot of sanding with extremely fine paper with my TLC. machine was out I hand rubbed it the only way to put pride into a job well done and appreciated by everyone that laid eyes on her. I took the 5 digit speed over a number of times kept her out of the sun and winter weather. I took the fenders and gas tank off during the winter on 1966 down the celler and went to work sanding down the the original

My new dream was to have the most beauticle cycle a painter could dream of and I also got ever piece on that 1966 Honda CL-77 Scrambler that I could. Triple chrome plating and tuck and roll high seat in the back, for my girl friend not to burn her legs on my twin pipes coming up the left side. Z bars and extended cables, frisco pegs and a sissy bar for my gal to lay back on.

I used to go the Freemansburg Hill Climb biggest in the state of Pa. None could match what I drove in heads would turn and stay turned from the action on the hill.

Even though it wasn't a chopped flathead

hog with 15° rake in the front and spooly wheel instead of the front brakes.

I know you know what I am talking about, if you seen those movies, you know what rake, spooly wheels and frisco pegs are.

Nic to talk to a man my age who knows his MC movies Jaz. Peace Brother

· Registered
274 Posts
hob,

You got me! I am just a pretender, a wanna-be :p My experience with motorcycle was nothing more than riding my beat up Honda 450 around SF, but I love the life style and a way of life, the attitude portraited in those films, which I am sorry to say are very hard to see these days. A sign of the times, perhaps?

Do you have some pictures of your bike, it must be awesome!

Peace,

Jaz

· Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have any pictures to show you this was back in 1966 36 years years ago before I even heard the word computer and video capture. She died in 1980 a doctor o the way to a golf course emergency turned rigt from the middle lane I went flying over his hood my cycle was totaled.

Just like that guy seen in the move Christine, it only took seconds for all he hard work to have destroyed. The man at the golf course died of a heart attack, only the doctor didn't know, he was the guys best friend. I can't put the total blame on him a friends life is worth any cycle or car. A real good friend and hog rider Jimmy Taylor died on his harley while stationed in Germany almost the same way mine was only he broke his neck I had a expensive helmet on Jimmy hated wearing helmets. We all rode together on trips to the seashore taking cardboard with us so our bikes wouldn't get any oil on the motels rug. My now long dead wife died one year before my last accident in 1979.

I am sorry dude I don't know where any of the pictures got to we had some colorful back grounds. Just colorful memories of a bike that was as beautiful to me, as a painting was to rich collecter. I am not too hapy about memories and friends who have died doing what was meant to be. Without breaking speed laws maybe a few loud noise laws. We were good fun guys

unlike the biker flicks we liked their type of action stayed on the screen. We did our own thing that was camping, sea shore and tossing coins on which direction we would go on summer to fall weekends.

Then came the Van clan a whole different story with airbrushed works of art.

· Registered
190 Posts
On DVD, it's definitely (for me) On Any Sunday.

If you add in VHS as well, it's Vfour Victory, which is an on-bike camera taken 'round one lap of the Isle of Mann racecourse (normally streets driven on by the locals). the bike is a Honda V-four ridden by Joey Dunlop (apologies if I've gotten his name wrong). He narrarates the course (in a very strong accent) as well.

If you're willing to add in non-motorcycle-but-related, it'd be Super Speedway which gives you a real taste of what it's like being on a road track. Car lines and bike lines are different, but there's the same notion of turn-in and apexing, planning series of turns and dealing with traffic.

I've been riding motorcycles on the street since '68 or so, almost exclusively on the street, some on the track, but haven't been on a track (other than non-competitive track days, which, BTW, are great fun) for at least 10 years now.

Oh - only partially related - I spent a couple of months in New Zealand on a motorcycle. Take a look at http://www.koure.org/nz/default.htm for a whole mess of thumbnails of photos of my trip. More DVD/movie related. I ran into the crew filming Lord of the Rings near a town called National Park while I was backroading - see http://www.koure.org/nz/img0824.jpg for a photo I'd taken just before. I have no photos of the actual filming as, first they were out of range of my pocket camera, then a very nice "bloke" asked me to not take photos.

· Registered
40 Posts
I can't believe no one has mentioned Electra Glide in Blue. This movie stars Robert Blake. A must see for any cycle fan.A great movie. I am not sure if it is available on DVD or not.

bob spears

· Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why not mention Up In Smoke as that police dude on is cycle pulled our beloved duo over but on the way from his cycle he developed the Hungries an asked for a bite of a hot dog they were eating.

Seriously I liked the Chips Series on TV, I was not much of a Blake fan. I liked the gal that was pictured on her hubbies hog, on the old Entertainment Tonight with co-star John Tesh that married Connie Selica that debuted in much sought after "The Bermuda Depths" made in 1978 by Rankins and Bass she starred as Jenny Haniver, also starring was Carl Weathers, and Burl Ives. Obscure movie like is worth in crummy Vhs, the asking price is a cool 1,000 bucks, no offer less than that will be accepted!

BTW I ordered The Wild Angels this afternoon in anamorphic wide screen for $10.50 plus $2.29 shipping, used I don't need no cellophane wrap. I am so sure of the SkipDoctor fixing rarely scratched discs, I will buy all my discs used. Save more money and get a heck of a lot more discs than a hundred bucks worth of $26.98 or $29.98 new discs would buy!:)

· Registered
4,981 Posts
In the midst of all of the other AI Wild Angels rip-offs was one I saw for God knows what reason with friend Scheinbaum, whose name says it all: Glory Stompers. It actually had a theme song with someone singing "Glorr-EEE Stom PURRZ". We sang that for weeks.

The movie kind of bit the large enchilada, however.

· Registered
588 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.