AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting SOCOM for my PSP to add a shooter game to my very small collection & it got me thinking. I know very little about what's out now (and worth looking into) so I thought I'd try a thread here to get others from our forum to comment. What IS your favorite & why?

Merry Christmas to all!!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
tough call. the best game is probably lumines for me. but the game i think i've played the most is nba live 06

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mine is getting dusty - im in need of a good game too - I do lke lumines...

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
well if you can't find a good game in the recent flurry of releases then i think its time to cut your losses and dump the system. gta, socom, madden, nba live, wwe smackdown vs raw, fifa 06, tokobot are all great games.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lumines is my favorite. I must admit to downloading a game save since I was just not progressing beyond a certain point after many weeks of play and wanted to see/hear all the fine skins. Typically I just pick a skin at random and zone out for a while. I probably use the non-game PSP stuff (browser, RSS, etc) as much as I play games.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Ridge Racer. Probably one of the best launch games ever.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for responding. I see Lumines listed quite often as a favorite but I haven't purchased yet. What is so compelling? Is it an easy game/puzzle to to understand how to play? What makes Ridge Racer stand out? There ARE quite a few racing games available.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Hot Shots Golf!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I like Hot Shots Golf myself. Lumines is a good choice; the problem is that it starts taking very long to play. I've had games take over an hour. Rounds of Hot Shots Golf come in at about 1/2 hour. Then again, that's what sleep mode is for.

Cush

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.