AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite? You don't have to pick just one. I decided to split mine up by decade and hours I put into them.

My favorite games (categorized by era and by hours played)

1990s

Descent 1 / Freespace 2 / Gran Turismo 1

2000s

Oblivion / Half Life 2 / Mass Effect 1

2010s

Bad Company 2 / Skyrim / Planetside 2

Notable mentions...

Warzone 2100 / Age of Empires 2 / Age of Wonders / Witcher 2 / Unreal Tournament 99 / SWTOR / CS 1.6 / Wipeout 1 / Diablo 3 / The Settlers / Thief / Mechwarrior 3 / Gothic 4 / Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

·
Registered
5 Posts
90s Bonanza Bros, Earthworm Jim, Toe Jam and Earl

2000's Wolfenstien Enemy Territory, Morrowind, Star Wars: Jedi Academy, Timesplitters, FF7

Currently playing: Dark Souls 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Halo: Reach

I get a lot of flak for it, but Bungie's final Halo, Reach, is my favorite game of all time. Halo is my favorite series, so I'm a big Master Chief fan and everything, but there was something about the game's storytelling. The atmosphere. Knowing the planet was going to fall, seeing your squad go down one-by-one, but Noble 6 still pushed through for the greater good. Plus, multiplayer was great, as usual.

·
Registered
814 Posts
1980s
Super Mario Bros / Castlevania / Ghosts n Goblins

1990s

Street Fighter II / Ridge Racer / Donkey Kong Country / Tomb Raider series

2000s
Grand Theft Auto series / Call of Duty series / Burnout series

2010s
Skyrim / Red Dead Redemption / Mass Effect series

Notable mentions...
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 / Forza series / Killer Instinct (1990's) / Madden / Resident Evil / Darkstalkers / Metal Gear Solid series

·
Registered
6 Posts
1990s
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series / Need for Speed / Pokemon

2000s
Dynasty Warriors / Starcraft I / Diablo II / Paper Mario / Halo 2

2010s
Call of Duty series / Battlefield series / Dragon Age Origins

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I get a lot of flak for it, but Bungie's final Halo, Reach, is my favorite game of all time. Halo is my favorite series, so I'm a big Master Chief fan and everything, but there was something about the game's storytelling. The atmosphere. Knowing the planet was going to fall, seeing your squad go down one-by-one, but Noble 6 still pushed through for the greater good. Plus, multiplayer was great, as usual.
Wow. it was the only one I didn't finish as I thought it was horrible. There are few games I start but do not finish.

Ultima series on PC
Half Life series on PC
Deus EX PC
NOLF - PC
NFS 1 - PC
Oblivion - 360
Skyrim - PC

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Atari 2600 & 5200: too damn many but simple games got rotated around a lot
Nintendo: Super Mario Bros, Contra
Apple II: Ultima IV, Autoduel, Seven Cities of Gold, Karateka
Macintosh: Dark Castle, MacRisk (fricking classic), Reach for the Stars
Sega Saturn: Virtual Fighter, Panzer Dragoon
Playstation: Twisted Metal 1 and 2 (TM2 - still love it and own a PS1 just for this game)
PC: Halflife, Battlefield 2, Doom, Zork I was kind of memorable
Xbox and Xbox 360: GTA Vice City (I wish they'd just update this one - I have no interest in any of the others although I do play them some), Morrowind (very addictive), Halo series, Lego Batman and other Legos (fun with the kids)

ALLTIME: Super Mario Brothers, Twisted Metal 2, GTA Vice City, Halflife, Battlefield 2, Ultima IV

Note that I've avoided the later Elder Scrolls games due to them being too good to put down and haven't touched MMORPG as I like good RPGs enough that I don't want to involve myself here either. Avoiding Everquest on launch day has been a good career move. I also don't have the time to these days and at various periods in life to really immerse myself in a variety of games. I owned a grand total of 3 NES games.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
1970's - Fire Truck
1980's - Adventure, Telengard
1990's - TVSports Football, Falcon(Amiga)
2000's - NFL 2K series
2010's - So far Titanfall, rFactor2 (PC racing), Destiny is growing on me don't know if I'm ready to put it in the category of all time favorites yet, but it's definitely a favorite.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Baku Baku, Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga

·
Registered
32 Posts
1990s: Metal gear solid, FFVII and IX,
2000s: FFX, MGS3, DMC 1 and 3, Onimusha 1-2-3, kingdom hearts 1-2,
2010s, Dragon dogma, Xcom:enemy unknown, Borderlands 1,

1 - 20 of 61 Posts