AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what people are connecting their HD players to. LCD? DLP? LCOS? RPTV? Projector? Tube? 3D glasses?

I have a Toshiba A30 connected to my Mitsubishi WL-82913 82" LCOS TV at 1080p HDMI-DVI in the family room. Audio is Toslink to my Sony STR-DA4ES

I have another Toshiba A30 connected to my Mitsubishi WS-65513 65" Rear Projection TV at 1080i in my bedroom. Using component cables now, need to get another HDMI-DVI cable

I have the Xbox 360 add on, but it is connected to my 82" also, so I just use the A30.

·
Registered
27,089 Posts
What are you trying to discern? Most have their HD DVD players connected to their primary display - with all their other sources. Not sure if there would be a difference from HD DVD, BLu Ray, cable box or any other source... and there are a multitude of choices - not sure why you want to know and what it will tell you? What are you getting at.. it is eluding me...

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
my hd dvd player is connected to the hambone. the hambone's connected to the shinbone, the shinbone's conn...

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
^^^ Priceless!!!

Oh, and my Onkyo HD-805 is connected to my Sony R60XBR1 and my HD-A2 is connected to my bedroom TV, which is a Sony 26S3000.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The A1 is connected to my HT projector (like the beefy sound for my CDs) and the A3 is in the bedroom connected to the plasma, along with the POS Sony BD 300.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Got my A35 video out connected to a Dell projector via component cables, and audio out through Toslink cable to my JVC AVR.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
To a 46" Panasonic Plasma and the picture is fabulous - every bit as good as my ps3

·
Registered
292 Posts
My A30 is hooked to my CRT RPTV Mitsubishi WS-55517 using HDMI input 1080i. The audio out is through Toslink cable to my Onkyo 790 AVR.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My A3 is connected to my 92TXH which is connected to my Samsung 58A550.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/14242262

What are you trying to discern? Most have their HD DVD players connected to their primary display - with all their other sources. Not sure if there would be a difference from HD DVD, BLu Ray, cable box or any other source... and there are a multitude of choices - not sure why you want to know and what it will tell you? What are you getting at.. it is eluding me...

Just curious what other people are using to watch HD-DVD on. If they are at 720 or 1080, P or I, component or hdmi, LCD or Plasma, small or large TV, EDTV or HDTV... just wondering if some people picked up an HD player when they were cheap, but didn't have a display that would take full advantage of it.

Not here but, several months ago I talked to a number of people that said they couldn't buy an HD-DVD player because they didn't have an HD TV... they thought they had to buy a Blu-ray player instead. Crazy.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

My HD-DVD add-on for the XBox 360 (an A20 is in storage nearby with an A35 potentially coming in a few days) hooked-up to my Olevia 747i 47" 1080p LCD:

now that looks like a home theater!!

'bout like mine.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
HD-A3. Well I have my HD-A3 in a bag for portability to my parents on when we go on a trip. I try to use it every 3-4 months so it doesn't dry out.

Onkyo 805. Just received and replaced my A3. It is hooked up to my 720p DLP projector on a 94"+ 16:9 custom made gray screen via hdmi. The audio goes into my onkyo SR304 via optical (yes I know I am not getting the advanced codecs through the optical). I use it mainly for upscaling actual DVDs and the occasional HD DVD. This is more of a secondary device than a primary for me.

Xbox HD DVD #1. I have this hooked up to my HTPC. I use it load HD DVDs and DVDs onto my seperate media server via home lan which currently holds about 30 HD DVDs. The HTPC is hooked up to the onkyo via analog so that it can output the advanced codecs like TrueHD. the HTPC is purple with BD installed as well. I use Nero 8 with the HD DVD/ BD plugin. Does a great job decoding the audio. It took me a while to calibrate it to match the output of a SA player in Video, but it is set now.

Xbox HD DVD #2. I have this hooked up to my Dell 4700 (P4 2.8 / 2GB Ram / HD2600XT) which in turn is hooked up to a 22" WS LCD. I use that to watch DTV, movies over the server. I attached this drive to the PC first to load movies, but have found it really handy as I have it on my desk next to my monitor which makes it easier to load all of my disks on as I don't have to reach down and push buttons on the box. Currently looking for a few more on ebay for the other PCs in the house.

Well thats it for me.

What surprised me is how much better a HD DVD looks on my daughters 480i TV than an SD. The colors are much richer on the HDM.

Another that surprised me is how handy these xbox drives are as PC DVD drives.

I keep my media server organized to launch my store HD movies off of Xlobby 2. Pretty handy actually although for my collection. This is an older screen shot. I have alot more on there now.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 /forum/post/14254018

Its a studio apartment, so technically I live in my "home theater" 24/7/365.

i'm right there wid'ja. dont have a camera, yet.

my bedroom is too hot even w a.c. so i sleep in the living room (my ht). i use a projector tho so its not as noticable as tvs.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 /forum/post/14253785

My HD-DVD add-on for the XBox 360 (an A20 is in storage nearby with an A35 potentially coming in a few days) hooked-up to my Olevia 747i 47" 1080p LCD:

now that looks like a home theater!!

'bout like mine.

So much you could say. One thing though that does strike me. You need to get a better TV stand for the 47".

I like the setup though. Its like those finding waldo pictures..... Its nice to be unmarried, isn't it?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Sammy BD-UP5000 to 100" projection.

Toshiba A2 to 57" CRT RPTV in bedroom.

360 Add-on to 46XBR4.

Toshiba A3 under me bed.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
1 - 20 of 90 Posts