1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/16843457

You haven't bought speakers, YET, Kain?

I should be demoing the Dynaudio Excite speakers soon. I'm interested to see/hear how they compare to my current Klipsch speakers.

Now back on topic!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Soft Dome. Every speaker I have ever bought has had them. I just have always preferred their sound. I honestly never look at a speakers components until after I have heard them. I pretty much go strictly with my ears. My ears always chose Soft Dome.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
I am fortunate enough to have three identical fronts that use this Scan-Speak. It's only $398 from Madisound. Response is pretty flat out to 60 kHz, and sensitivity is 94.5 dB. What's not to like? The only potential issue is response in a reverberant room. The tweeter has wider dispersion up high because of the phase plug, so you really need a treated room, which mine is. So...this is my preferred tweeter type. Technically, it's a soft dome, but with a phase plug.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1580

·
Registered
559 Posts
plasma tweeter - its massless and i'm simply intrigued by it as i work with high powered plasma all day long

·
The Village Idiot
9,831 Posts
I've owned Infinity Interludes for years - IL50s (sold) IL40s (bedroom) IL30s (sold) and have found nothing that sounds better at low and moderate volumes. The 1" CMMD tweeter has been around for a very long time - and for good reason - it sounds great. They were introduced on the highly regarded Prelude MTS IIRC.

I now have an Infinity Beta C360 center and 2 Beta 20s in my bedroom doing 5.0 with the IL40s. All have the 1" CMMD tweeter and sound nearly perfect (to my ears). Unfortunately they 'lose it' somewhat at the higher volumes that I typically listen to music and movies at.

As good as my 4 Emotiva speakers (2 8.3s and 2 ERDs) are with the 1" soft dome tweeter - I prefer the Infinity tweeter for soft listening. It is quite precise and very full and seem to miss nothing in the music.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.