• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 21 26.6%
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the topic title specifies....

Please choose the brand in the poll, then post the model in here.

I am using a Logitech G700 and a Microsoft ComfotCurve 3000 on my workstation and a wireless HP mouse+KB combo on the HTPC.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
I use a razer keyboard and mouse on my desktop. With razer mouse pad. Total cost $250. That's about a cheap HTPC.

I've spent thousands on keyboards and mice in the last decade and I can't find anything else that has the speed and controll.

I use a razor mouse and pad in my office, and a cherry mx switch Rosewill keyboard. It's types pretty nice

My mouse is so sensitive others can't use it. Years of gaming has toned my talent.

I blows my mind when I see somone move their mouse halfway across the desk to go from one corner to the other... Lol

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
To anyone reading:

If you've never experienced a quality keyboard like a cherry mx switch model, or a quality mouse like a Razer.... They will bring you into a whole new territory of computing.

I bet I have thousands of hours if my life free up because of the speed and efficiency.

How much is your time worth ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use#post_23186786

I blows my mind when I see somone move their mouse halfway across the desk to go from one corner to the other... Lol

My Logitech G700 has adjustable DPI levels and has a G key mapped to that and I love that. LGS is very nice software.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use/0_50#post_23186947

I use a Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Mfusick, sorry but Razer probably makes the worst built keyboards in the whole market.

They are not the best all around for sure but I'm not sure I share your negativity.

As current owner of a cherry, a Logitech g19 and a razer its evident the razer is a Pure gamer keyboard.

It does not type as well as a cherry but its got faster response, backlit keys, USB LED top light , Full speed USB ports, headphone and mic inputs, and on the fly macro...

If I was playing a team based game that requires quick speed I'd choose it everytime.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use#post_23186786

They probably just don't know how to change the "acceleration" setting in Windows. I am pretty sure it has been there since Win 95.

I use no keyboard nor mice for the HTPC, it is controlled with a Logitech remote programmed as Windows MEdia center remote. Volume/mute through AVR. "Watch TV" button powers TV and AVR and sets them to correct inputs.

·
Registered
831 Posts
For HTPC I use a Logitech K400. Hard to beat it for the cost. Thinking about getting a FAVI or something similar.

I use a Das with Blues and some off brand wireless mouse for my typing/work at home, Filco Ninja TKL with Browns and a CM Storm Xornet at work, Filco Ninja TKL with Reds and a CM Storm Spawn at home for my photo editing / gaming PC. Nothing beats a Filco if you like Cherry switches. I thought my Das was nice until I picked up a few Filcos. Now the Das feels like a cheap toy.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My "HTPC" is also used for gaming, browsing, work etc. rather than only media functions, so I have a wired keyboard & mouse setup.

I use a Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 Type S, because I like Topre keyswitches better than anything else. Since switching to it after trying scissor-switch keyboards (Logitech) and a few Cherry MX keyboards, the pain in my fingers from typing all day has disappeared.

I use a Razer Deathadder 2013 for similar reasons - nothing fits my hand better, and the force of the switches is just right. With other mice - particularly logitech - the force is too high and I have pain in my index finger at the end of the day.

I keep a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse hooked up too, because not being tethered is sometimes useful, and it will track on just about anything - but I do notice a slight lag from it being wireless (never found a wireless mouse I didn't notice at least a frame of lag with) and every time it is "active" I hear a high-pitched whine coming from it. (no-one else seems to hear this - but I have this problem with a lot of electronics) I've had both revisions of this mouse, and the newer one is better. The scroll wheel is awful though, just like any dual-mode wheel from Logitech, or a tilt-able wheel from anyone. I would prefer it if it was ambidextrous rather than a right-handed mouse too. Still, I haven't found a better mobile mouse. (the Razer Orochi seems better on paper, but I don't like it for a number of reasons) While it may not have the "convenience" of Bluetooth and requires a dongle, I've never found bluetooth to be reliable, so that's actually a good thing in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use#post_23187436

They are not the best all around for sure but I'm not sure I share your negativity.

As current owner of a cherry, a Logitech g19 and a razer its evident the razer is a Pure gamer keyboard.

It does not type as well as a cherry but its got faster response, backlit keys, USB LED top light , Full speed USB ports, headphone and mic inputs, and on the fly macro...

If I was playing a team based game that requires quick speed I'd choose it everytime.

Faster response does not matter when it comes to keyboards.

There are a lot of "pure gaming" alternatives to Razer boards that are miles better than them and have the same features as you mentioned, if not more.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznfb  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use#post_23188057

For HTPC I use a Logitech K400. Hard to beat it for the cost. Thinking about getting a FAVI or something similar.

I use a Das with Blues and some off brand wireless mouse for my typing/work at home, Filco Ninja TKL with Browns and a CM Storm Xornet at work, Filco Ninja TKL with Reds and a CM Storm Spawn at home for my photo editing / gaming PC. Nothing beats a Filco if you like Cherry switches. I thought my Das was nice until I picked up a few Filcos. Now the Das feels like a cheap toy.

Ducky keyboards are up there with Filcos.

Das used to be one of my favorite keyboard brands but when they switched to iOne as their OEM, their quality suffered. They are still one of the better made iOne keyboards though.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Home/Work: Kinesis Advantage keyboard (the best ergonomic keyboard out there) and a Logitech Performance MX mouse

HTPC: Logitech DiNovo Edge although it's not used very much. That's what the remote's for.

·
Registered
831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use#post_23188379

Ducky keyboards are up there with Filcos.

Das used to be one of my favorite keyboard brands but when they switched to iOne as their OEM, their quality suffered. They are still one of the better made iOne keyboards though.

I tried to get a Ducky prior to picking up my Das a while ago. Couldn't find one with the features that I wanted. I'm a non-backlit guy and all the Ducky boards I could find with Blues were backlit or TKL. Since I wanted a typing board I wanted full size so I went with the Das.... at least it's one of the older models.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use/0_50#post_23188377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick  /t/1467639/what-keyboard-mouse-do-you-use#post_23187436

Faster response does not matter when it comes to keyboards.

There are a lot of "pure gaming" alternatives to Razer boards that are miles better than them and have the same features as you mentioned, if not more.

What is better for gaming ?

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.