AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I input a RGB signal on my NEC 6PG Plus pj? I'm trying to hook up a CS-2 so I will need a VGA to RGB BNC connection for the HD-15F (watever that means) output. Is this a VGA to 5 BNC cord? My pj says R,G,B,H/V so does that mean I need a 4 BNC not 5 or does one go into the video? Silly question I know but I want ot be sure. Can anyone name a specific cable at least 25 feet long that I could use. Preferably not over 200 dollars.

See the other thread if you want. other thread in video processor area

Wish I hadn't got the wrong cord. No restock fee so I am out the shipping charges on the wrong cable I bought. Please help me find the right one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The 6PG/9PG will accept 4-wire OR 5-wire input. The labelling reflects that.

Assuming the CS-2 has a HD-15 output plug (i.e. a VGA connector), just buy yourself a VGA-5BNC cable and plug it in.

The 4th plug is labelled H/V for combined sync systems, so in a 4-wire connection it accepts both H and V sync. If you have 5 wires, it's the H sync (V sync is the 5th wire).

- David Eddy

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks agian dje. :)

I got a Bettercable this time. It will be shipped the overnight method again but be here on moday I think.

- Silver Serpent® VGA Breakout

Connectors: hd15 Male/5 BNC

Length: 5 m (16.40 feet) (+70.00)

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yeah... what dje says.... besides, the PG6 probably does not have the video decoder board in it, even though the plugs are there in the front.

Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.