AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing I really know about what kind of HDTV I want is that I want a complete solution for under $5000. I'd certainly be willing to go more if I can get more bang for the buck though. For a while I have been leaning towards the 34" CRT TV's, but I'm still torn by the ever dropping prices of an RPTV. Then again, I'm curious but clueless about what I can get in front projection in that price range. My main motivation is to have something that is impressive. I'm still in an apartment with about a 7-9foot viewing distance. I could put up a screen, but it would likely be far too big for the room I have. I think the CRT TV's look better from a brightness and picture quality standpoint, but in terms of impressiveness, size does play a big role. Everything is about bang for the buck. Does anyone have any good suggestions to help beef up this one lacking aspect of my home theater? (right now I have a Wega 32" XBR w/ no HDTV, but I do have HD reception, and a progressive scan DVD player on the way (DVD-2800)).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Mark,

What do you mean by "complete solution"? Are you talking an HD capable TV plus a STB, or just the TV?

Dave B.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Mark,

If you like your Sony XBR, you might want to look at the KP-53XBR300 4:3 model for about $3200, or the KP-57XBR10W 16:9 set for about $3700. If you add the Sony SAT-HD100 STB for HD DSS and OTA reception for about $800, you would come in under $5000. Either way you will have something that is very impressive and the right size for your room.

Dave B.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.