AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for an OTA antenna to pick up local New York channels in HD. I live 16 miles outside New York City. I called a guy who is going to install it for me and he told me I have to buy A Wineguard HD platinum antenna at $125. I think it is a little steep. What do I really need to get good HD local receotion? And how is the reception for New York HD? Can anyone help me?????

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to pick up CBS, NBC, Fox, and ABC. All the local channels. I looked at the anntennaweb.org But I was looking for an actually brand and model number from someone that has had success in recieveing local OTA HD.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I use a radio shack double bowtie UHF indoor antenna. Another good indoor model is the Zenith Silver Sensor.

You will be able to pick up CBS and FOX, that's pretty much it, maybe a PBS station. That's all that is broadcasting from NY at the moment, with the exception of WB11, which is on VHF channel 12.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Definitely not, and not with a UHF either. You'd nice a combo rooftop with a preamp. ABC and NBC should be back by November sometime. With an indoor, you may also get WLIW-DT on 22.

· Registered
86 Posts
Did the price include installation? Did it include a rotor?

You're right that's steep just for an antenna but who's putting it on the roof? And if you want to get both ABC out of New Haven and CBS out of the ESB, you will probably need to rotate it. That is a likely option on LI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.