AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-I have bought a pair of speaker : klipsch RP-160M.

-I want to know what kind of receiver is suitable for it ?? Can you guys recommend some good brand ( my budget is 200-400$)

-some details about it :
Frequency Response: 43-24kHz +/- 3dB SENSITIVITY: 95dB @ 2.83V / 1m POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK): 100W/400W NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms Compatible HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter with Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix Horn Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" Cerametallic Cone Woofer CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 1500Hz ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port INPUTS: Dual binding postThanks for yoy guys help!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
-I have bought a pair of speaker : klipsch RP-160M.

-I want to know what kind of receiver is suitable for it ?? Can you guys recommend some good brand ( my budget is 200-400$)

-some details about it :
Frequency Response: 43-24kHz +/- 3dB SENSITIVITY: 95dB @ 2.83V / 1m POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK): 100W/400W NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms Compatible HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter with Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix Horn Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" Cerametallic Cone Woofer CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 1500Hz ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port INPUTS: Dual binding postThanks for yoy guys help!

Klipsch are highly efficient speakers. Almost any AVR will power them without a problem unless you listen at absurd levels. So find an AVR with as many bells and whistles that you want in your price range. For $400 you will have no problem, $200 will require a little more searching and maybe some features sacrificed. Some guys will probably post links to help you out. I have only had Harman Kardon AVR's, and I wouldn't recommend them at your price point unless you bought a refurbished one.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I personally would choose a receiver like the Denon X1000 or Denon X1100. The difference is the X1000 is the 2013 model and the X1100 is the 2014 model.

The amount of power you need is more so related to how far your MLP (main listening position) is, rather, how far away is your TV/Entertainment Console/Center Channel from the position in which you are watching movies or listening to music.

Sensitivity is relevant, but to better give receiver recommendations, it's better to know more about the MLP.

In an average sized room, the Denon X1000 should be more than suitable to power your bookshelves if crossed over at 80hz. That is what I would recommend. But I do not know what features you are looking for either. If it's just to get power to your speakers and have basic features and flexibility, that receiver should do a fine job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts