AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using Linksys (Cisco) SD2005 but quickly I am running out of ports! Since its technically on 4 ports so I am thinking of getting another one with 8 but really 7 ports. I think that should be enough.

So far what is connected...

NAS: D-Link 323

Sony BDP-S360

Toshiba HD-D2

T-500 Laptop

Need more for...

Another Laptop

Currently PS2 soon to be PS3

XBOX 360 December

Even the 7 Port will not be enough in the future.

I think 16 Port will be ideal, and I would prefer having a Gigabit LAN since everywhere in the house I have Gigabit connections, my Router, Switch and all my Network cables are CAT 5e and CAT 6.

My PC, Laptop(s) and NAS supports Gigabit. Except for the HT Equipment but I'm sure in the future they will be then again I doubt that I really need Gigabit on them. Its only my home Network that needs Gigabit.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm using a Netgear rack mount 24 port gigabit switch. Only thing I don't like about it is that the internal fans are really loud. I've read where people are replacing the fans with something quieter, so I may have to look into that. Also, this unit has an internal power supply (no wall wart), so that could be another reason these fans are required.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Same here, I have a Netgear rack mount 16 port gigabit switch. The fans are loud but as everything is in a closet in my basement, I don't care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.