Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Been lurking a while and have found some great info on everything I have needed ...until now that is :)

Im making a manual masking/curtain system for my pulldown screen. It will be all black velvet, however Im not sure the best kind of velvet for nonreflection. I have found some that have a slight sheen to them but are very rich looking and others that are more of a flat black but dont seem to have as many little velvety hairs. What has been the best in all your experience? Is it the hairs that give it surface area and therefore dont reflect light, or is it the flatness that absorbs the light??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So velveteen is what I want??? Because velvet is not velveteen...they are different. Im learning so much more about fabric than I ever wanted to :p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ddiv
So velveteen is what I want??? Because velvet is not velveteen...they are different. Im learning so much more about fabric than I ever wanted to :p
Right, veveteen is cotton and velvet is usually rayon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really...because all the velvets Ive seen are cotton. From looking online it seems like velveteen is just a short piled velvet, which makes sense with what you said...so basically Im not looking for the rich thick velvet, but the flatter smaller piled velvet? Anyone else care to comment...trying to get the broadest point of view before I pay all this money.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ddiv
So thats a more flat/matte cloth?
Yes. It's very flat. It makes for a very crisp edge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.