AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I recently purchased a house and the owner left behind his AV system, most of which is obsolete. He was using this Klipsch as a center - can anyone identify it and is it worth anything?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's definitely older than their Synergy series and not from their HD 500 series. Might be a KV center or an older Reference center? Take another picture of it with the grill off so that we can make some more distinctions. Probably is worth something.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Hi all. I recently purchased a house and the owner left behind his AV system, most of which is obsolete. He was using this Klipsch as a center - can anyone identify it and is it worth anything?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

It seems to be a WC-24. It has a horn tweeter. Yeccchhh.

I wouldn't put that in anyone's system (well...maybe if they were my worst enemy, I might...lol).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It seems to be a WC-24. It has a horn tweeter. Yeccchhh.

I wouldn't put that in anyone's system (well...maybe if they were my worst enemy, I might...lol).
Most good horn speakers use compression drivers, not tweeters. I take it you are talking about that particular Klipsch model, and not horn loaded speakers in general. I don't know how that model sounds, I have never heard it.

A good horn setup sounds pretty good, at least mine does. For reference, in the past I have owned Fried Model Q's and Magnapan Magnaplaners. I am experimenting with a center that has a 12" SEOS horn and a 15" pro driver. It is stunningly realistic sounding. I use it while Skyping with my son from Ramstein AFB in Germany.

My wife heard his voice while she was a room away getting ready to join the conversation, and started crying because it sounded like he was IN the computer room talking. The sound with that big horn loaded center was very realistic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@kjfalls - that could be it. I'm 3 hours from the speaker so I'll pull the grill next time I'm there.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like it's donation material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts