AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Samsung 8500 over the weekend and now see that the unit is discontinued. Should I keep it as it has amazing picture quality or should I go for something else. What do you guys recommend that is as good or better?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsober78 /forum/post/18159173

I purchased a Samsung 8500 over the weekend and now see that the unit is discontinued. Should I keep it as it has amazing picture quality or should I go for something else. What do you guys recommend that is as good or better?

My 2009 Corvette has been discontinued also, but I think I'll keep it.

Like cars, TVs shouldn't be discarded after one year if you have a good one. The Samsung 8500 is amazing and why would you even consider getting rid of it?

Since I made my editorial comment, I'll let others say what's as good or better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply. I love the TV but just wanted another individuals view on it and you make a good valid point. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
the review sites say the 8500 is better than the xbr8 & so do i...which is weird because i usually prefer sony due to what is, imho, better PQ

another strange thing (to me at least) is that the 8500 is better than the lg lh90 despite the lg's ips panel...

i have seen the lg lhx as well, but not with its own blu-ray feed...& then the le9500 is supposed to be just an lhx with more features?...

despite the ips panel having better viewing angles, the samsung's panel just seems to intermingle with the tech better...ips panels are still inferior to some others when it comes to blacks...

·
Registered
8,551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash66 /forum/post/18159339

the only TV that is MAYBE better is the Sony XBR8, and it's been discontinued for much longer than the 8500. I'd keep what you got

My 46X4500( 46XBR8),assembled in Slovakia(eastern Europe),

date of manufacture 11/2009.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts