AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking to get a new media player but not sure what to get...I've been using my old laptop connect through hdmi to my plasma to watch movies and shows but now I want a media player to do all that....been looking at the Asrock, Dell Zino, popcorn hour, revo, maybe mac mini but not sure....my modem in another room and my home theater in a different room I use wireless so may have some trouble streaming....whats the best device I should get guys?

thanks all

·
Registered
585 Posts
You probably need to be a bit more specific in what you want/need to play

There's literally hundreds of media streamers out there.

If you need to play low-res mkvs with stereo sound pretty much anything from $50 units up will work great.

if you need to play bluray ISOs with full menus and 7.1 HD audio it's a much much shorter list (and you'll need a better solution than usual wifi for networking)

If you need to play specific internet content that eliminates some too.

What all do you need it to do? What video formats? what audio formats? what type of networking will you use? what (if any) online content must it support? video streamed over a network or from locally attached storage? etc...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I mostly get Blu Ray rips and low-res tv shows and things like that just want it to look good....would like to use internet on my plasma as well.....video formats are mp4 and avi

·
Registered
567 Posts
What is your budget? And where is all these shows/movies you watch is currently stored in or planning to store in the future?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.