AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 year old Onkyo 7.1 HTIB with 2 HDMI pass through. I am ready to replace the receiver because I need more HDMI input and no more pass through, but I want to keep the speakers. My most critical requirement is at least 4 HDMI in. I'd like the to play music on my hard drive or stream music from pandora, but that's not a requirement. I am not an audiophile as you can tell from the fact that I currently have a HTIB and plan to keep the speakers. I just checked the speakers are 130w 8ohms.

I don't need the lastest technology but it would be nice to get as much as I can for future expansion. I am looking at the Denon 2312, 3312 or Onkyo 709 or 809. Assuming I can get very similar price, which one is the best choice in my case? I mostly use the receiver to watch movies on DVD (regular, not BD) or hard drive via Briteview cinematube thru my optoma HD70 projector.

·
Registered
219 Posts
+1 on what afrogt said. IMO, speakers are the most important part of a home theatre.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
afrogt, I can't find the Denon 2112 on EE for $450. It is not even there. Is that a refurb? I found it on amazon for $650. In that case, I should get something else. What about Onkyo TX-NR 609?

as for the speakers, can you recommend something smaller? I don't have the space to put the big ones (and sorry I don't even know if those are supposed to go to the front or back
) plus it is a hazard for my household with a toddler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.