AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while thumbing through channels, 12 Angry men came on. I noticed that there was a color deformity right in the center of the screen which was fairly noticeable. This picture is NOT of my screen, but something made in photoshop to explain the look of the problem.

I went to other color stations and DVD's and saw the same thing....all the time right in the center area of the screen.

Any thoughts on this...I think it is something that is going to get worse.

Bulb issue or electronics issue? Panel? I did a hard reset on the unit, but the issue is still there.

http://www.mikeandsharonrhodes.com/color.jpg

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I guessing it's a dust blob. Open the cover and blow some compressed air onto the LCD panels. That should clear it up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I doubt that it is a dust blob. Do you have a DLP or an LCP projector ?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Guy. You did see the bit in his post about that being a photoshop edit and not a real pic of the discolouration. Dust IMO. Wonderment, Put a few test patterns on ie. Red, Green and blue. Then get a sheet of white paper and hold it a few inches from your PJ lens. Move the sheet in and out a bit. If the patch/es projected onto paper resolve themselves into smaller dots, then you have dust my friend. The reason you only noticed this recently is probably because you don't watch much black and white material which show up discoloured patches better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.