AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what model of spyder I need to calibrate a DLP projector. Recently getting a ps3, and the hd-dvd add on I can see that my setup isn't optimal and I really want to fix it.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Here's what I understand, please correct if someone knows different...

The sensor is the same in all products.

If you want to try and use the free DIY software on this forum,

then just get the basic Spyder2Express version for about $70,

otherwise you need the full SpyderTV Pro program thats $500-$600,

or you can go all out and get the Colorfacts program for $2400

Difference is the software and the higher TV Pro priced package also gives you a tripod adaptor for the sensor.

The TV Pro package is the easy way to go,

it will tell you what adjustments need to be made,

but I think only works on a couple gray levels,

the full Colorfacts program uses 10 IRE levels.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I'm kind of dumb when it comes to this. How will this work when calibrating for an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. Don't I need to send out HD test patterns through these particular inputs?

·
Registered
695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timf98 /forum/post/0

Get the Spyder2Express, ignore it's software and buy Calman ( www.calman.tv ) and also buy the GetGray calibration DVD.

I have decided to go this route. thanks for the advice. You need to tripod mount the Spyder for a front projector, correct? Does the Spyder2Express come with a tripod adapter, and if not, where can one get one?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
171 Posts
No tripod mount so I hot glued a nut onto the Spyder2. I don't know the size, I just used trial and error on my large selection of random nuts. It will have to be a fairly tall nut to accomodate all of the threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.