Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm in the process of moving, and I want to have a dedicated home theater. I currently have an HTPC, running a Gateway 36" monitor. I want something a bit bigger, but I'm not sure if I have enough room for a projector (although the AE100 seems like a deal). What are some of my other options? I really would like to stick with a native VGA input, but I'd be interested in hearing alternatives, as long as I'd still be able to do some web surfing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the RCA 36100 monitor and love it which does have 2 VGA inputs, but the industry standard is not 15pin. You can convert the VGA to component and use powerstrip to set your resolutions. If you limit yourself to a VGA port, you may end up paying more for less.

JMO, but maybe you should shop based on what TV looks best and best suits your needs and if it ends up that it does not have a VGA port, plan on spending $200 for a good transcoder. If you do a search for transcoder you should be able to narrow down what you want.

If you still want a VGA input, I believe that Hatachi offers that on some nice models.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Unless your room size forbids it, defintely go with a front projector. You won't go back!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.