AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share movie *title* and if you can remember your dates first *name* with us guys and gals. These 2 essentials will bring back fond memories for our first movie date. I'll start with my leading up to movie date, you post your movie & dates name, this is a Guys and Gals post.

I was an excited teenager in 1960, my favorite actor from the *old* Spin and Marty series seen daily on the Mickey Mouse Club 1955-57. Tommy Kirk was to be in the Swiss Family Robinson movie.

I also asked Joan Hagertie for a date and she accepted, she also was 13 we took a bus on a saturday afternoon I was never shy with gals! I just relived that feeling again watching SFR and remembering Joan as she was when she was 13. I received SFR in the mail as a used, but like new 2 disc set.

O/T My first *date* was taking Beth Mcfadden to a boy scout dance, my father drove us to the dance, and back to her house and our house I was 13 so was she.:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, this wasn't my *first* movie date, but it was a good one - The Man from Snowy River. It had a little bit for everyone - romance for the girl, manly men doing manly things for the guy.

It's now out with a new anamorphic transfer, and looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
'Love Me Tender' starring Elvis Presley.

I haven't seen it since.

I would like to see it on DVD.

Frank

·
Registered
194 Posts
For my first date ever, I went to see Last House on the Left at the Commerce(?) Drive-In with Diane.

Not too great of a movie, but I still returned with Debbie a week later.

I took Candi to see Harold and Maude on our only movie date.

My first date with Mary was to see Dog Day Afternoon.

I think the only movie I ever saw with Sue was History of the World: Part I

The first movie I saw with Gina was Beverly Hills Cop.

Went to lots of movies with Pauline, the first might have been Short Circuit.

The first movie I saw with Marie was Clean and Sober

I think the first movie I saw with Trina was Godfather Part III

That's all I can remember right now.

I think they're all on DVD except the first one(?)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In 1957 I see Love Me Tender in the movie theatre, I was too young to date age 10.

My father said to me when I was 12 you can date girls, when you become a teenager and only on saturday afternoon matinees.

I first met Joan bike riding, we rode together quite a few times, when our family moved in 1956 that was the last time I seen my first movie date Joanie.:)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Laserium- San Francisco, '78. The Pink Floyd show. I liked it, Maggie fell asleep. What _was_ that funny burning smell...

I doubt that it will ever be on DVD, and I doubt if I'll ever have a suitable projection system. And it just wouldn't be the same without that funny burning smell...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that green smoke sure got us is a party mood, the hawaiin gold smelled good to. We did some jamming right through that "Delicate Sound of Thunder" with David Gilmore sans Roger Waters.

My date italian beauty Gina Stevens dug the music, the smoke and me. We really chilled out with PF performance that night. Later we didn't need a fast car to 'speed' with Gina doing some Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. All in all we both had a good trip. muShrooms were sprouting in the woods near where I lived, I taught Gina I said you have to expand your mind, get out to find some White Rabbits.

She asked me about some rabbit hole, I said it's to feed your head with, just watch out for white knights talking backwards, if you don't believe me go ask Alice when she's 10 feet tall. Remember what the doormouse said feed your head, feed your head. Their were kites flying and a Jefferson Airplane which had some grace slick to get flying High with. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I took Patricia, the fiance I didn't marry, to see "Coalminer's Daughter" which we both loved. Later in my life, I took Christopher to "Top Gun" and that led to really good sex afterwards.

Well, you asked!

·
Registered
534 Posts
The fist date movie with my wife was James Bond Gold Finger, I took her their to see her reaction when James said the name ***** galore it didn't even bother her. we both loved the movie and have it on DVD for the movie and the memories.

·
Registered
912 Posts
"Carrie" was the one I remember. At the end when the hand came out of the ground I reached over and grabbed my date. What a shock and a surprise.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
The only two I clearly remember:

Christine and I were supposed to see The Last Emporer, but weren't paying too much attention to the names (ahem) and ended up in Empire of the Sun. Kinda OTT for a first date.

The one I ended up marrying went to the Rocketeer with me. Not a bad date flick. Good thing my previous suggestion of Naked Lunch fell through....!

Both available on DVD. I don't think TLE or NL are, however, and those are worthwhile.

Thanx for the thread idea, good memories.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Good question Hob!

Quite a coincidence because I recently picked up "Repo Man". The version in the tin case. Not a great movie, but it's the movie my first wife and I saw on our first date. Haven't told my current wife exactly *why* I bought Repo Man....

Cary

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
First date, 'Flashdance' with Jennifer Beals.

Cheesy chick flick but this blonde was hot (for 16).

JEff

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't remember the movie, maybe "The Graduate", but I took Pam back in high school. I was nervous, kept my arm around her shoulder, and the hard wood edge on the seat made my arm fall asleep. I tried to cop a feel, but I couldn't tell what I was doing. We didn't date for long...

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Spy Who Loved Me. Not a great date flick but it was ok for 14 year olds!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.