AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What great new device has made a big difference in your enjoyment of your home theater? Why? Also, what is the next great thing you are looking forward to?

James

· Registered
7,656 Posts
It's not exactly new but the Grafik-Eye lighting controller made for a wonderful addition to the experience.

The next thing is to finish my music server and figure out which wireless remote desktop to use to control it.

· Registered
2,532 Posts
My MX 700 that controls all my stuff INCLUDING my Grafik Eye!

Looking forward to programming more macros on that thing as well...

· Registered
1,359 Posts
Without a doubt, Bass Shakers are a great addition with a huge value proposition.

As for the 'Next Big Thing' - Since I have a CRT, I think the thing that will make the biggest impact on the whole family's enjoyment of our HT is the new 'Black Screen' from Sony that claims to only reflect wavelengths specific to projectors, and absorb all others. This would make it possible to watch a CRT even in high ambient lighting situations. I have total light control, but sometimes when we have guests or we're just watching something on TV, it's nice to have some amount of light. I think this would be a huge improvement.

· Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Yup! My DirecTV HD PVR with TiVo really has changed the way I watch television. I feel lucky to have a problem free one though.

· Registered
839 Posts
It seems like every upgrade has made a big difference to me. Most recently the joy comes from my HD TiVo. I'm blessed with perfect reception OTA of all the local digital stations (for three basic reasons: location, location, and location).

Before that it was a projector and screen, a good remote, better speakers, better receiver/amp, and all the way back.

Mojo

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CptnRandy
TiVO. No question.

The next big thing? HD TiVO.

Randy
Complete and total 100% agreement!!!

The only thing I can think of that I would like to have more than HD TiVO is total full house automation. Since we are planning to move, that would be a bad idea right now.

· Registered
2,295 Posts
DirecTivo #1

Bass shakers - #2

· Registered
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CptnRandy
TiVO. No question.

The next big thing? HD TiVO.

Randy
I'll agree with this. My wife loves it more than I do.

Beer is next on my list:D

· Registered
56 Posts
Yet another Tivo vote (specifically DirecTivo - what a great device). Waiting for the DirecTivo-HD to drop a bit in price (I'll probably give up soon and just spend the bucks).

My Wife even votes for the Tivo... and that's saying something.

· Registered
2,295 Posts
Hey, while we're all Tivo loving, don't forget to Join Team Tivo to help fight cancer!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

· Registered
3,536 Posts
I knew we were hooked when both kids asked for their own Tivo for Christmas this year...

John

· Registered
21 Posts
Best thing to me is the Dish PVR. With a 5 week old at home, it is truly a great thing to pause the TV during the game to take care of some baby needs and then go back to it during the quiet times.

A close second is my jp1 enabled remote. I looked at tons of high dollar remotes and they just looked to complicated for what I wanted to do. I found a guy on remotecentral.com that sold me a new One-for-All remote with the jp1 attachment. Now I program my remote with the computer and have it saved in a file in case my remote loses memory. It flawlessly controls my Dish PVR, Kenwood receiver, Panasonic VCR, Sony DVD, and Magnavox TV. My wife was getting very testy with a minimum of 2-3 remotes at one time. Best thing about it, it was about $25 with the modification and the serial cable for the computer. The wife can use it with no problems also. (May have saved my marriage:D

I love them both. Almost makes me want to cry;)

· Registered
17,711 Posts
the remote, even though it is getting old (i.e. it was added many years ago and has changed over time) getting a good universal remote made the whole system user friendly, before getting the Pronto I never new how useful and central the role of the remote was. Luckily work forced me to look at them at the time or I would have probably never thought of spending so much on one of them.

· Registered
47 Posts
There are two little things that had a big impact:

1. Behringer Feedback Destroyer - amazing difference in subwoofer performance and overall listening pleasure

2. MX-800 remote - what a gem, incredibly powerful and configurable

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.