AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was recently very excited to buy my first projector. I had decided upon the Epson TW100 as it seemed perfect for my situation. Unfortunately, I found out that it is not HDCP compatible and I can't rationalize spending so much money on something that might become quite limited in terms of High-Definition material in a year or two. My question is are there projectors that are planned for release in the next several months that offer similar specs/price as the tw100 as well as being HDCP compatible? Or do you think I should settle for the SONY HS10 right now because there is nothing new coming out for a while? Thanks for your help and feel free to convince me that I should buy the tw100 and I don't need HDCP :D

-Greg

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would say that there will likely be other ones out by the time you even get close to halfway through the line to get an HS-10 haha. Sucks...

·
Registered
697 Posts
I think it's somewhat funny how people are falling all over themselves basing their purchasing decisions on technology that is obviously still evolving and may not even be implemented on a mainstream basis in the foreseeable future. If you are waiting for this and that before making a purchase, you very well could wait forever.

As far as buying a projector, you should decide that you want it now and cannot do without it for one day longer. Decide on a budget or pricepoint. Decide on a projector within that pricepoint (most bang for today's buck). Buy it and start enjoying it NOW! In a year or two or three years, technology changes, your financial situation changes, you're wants and needs change...and perhaps you want to upgrade. But in the meantime you have been enjoying the projector to its fullest. And when you break it down into dollar-per-movie or dollar-per-hour-of-enjoyment, you suddenly realize that it has all been worthwhile. In 1-3 years, maybe nothing changes at all and you don't even have to think about upgrading your projector. The one thing these two scenarios have in common is the guarantee that you have enjoyed the heck out of the projector you have picked TODAY. Your life has been enriched and your horizons expanded.

Take the plunge and enjoy!

PS. I'd pick the TW300 over the rest ANYDAY.:D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Perhaps a better question would be---

Why bother buying a projector at all with so few good movies coming out? :p

Seriously, you'll probably be waiting until Aug-SeptOct to hear of the first tidbits about new projectors. It will be probably 9-12 months before the new crop is available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.