AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off with the sound. It’s a floating wood floor so looking at my best option to help with sound. It’s espeically loud when playing the basket balls game. Between the couches and the screen is roughly 10 x 10 and where the pool table is is roughly 14 x 14. Do I just find rugs to cover most of the open area or what? Me and my wife watch a lot of movies and tv in the mancave. I have surround sound

Here’s my plans at the moment. Tell me what you guys think.
It’s a 96” screen. I will probably leave it at that because it seems pretty big even at 36’ away. I will build cabinets all the way across the room below the screen. And then come up the sides to the ceiling. I will have 2 more 40-55” tvs(I watch a lot of sports. Football, ufc, etc). And a movie curtain covering the screen that will open with voice of Apple or Alexa. On the wall were the white couches are and back towards the doors will be a bar with drinks, mini fridge, popcorn machine, etc. I will put a fish tank above it built into the wall. The open space on the other wall will be a poker table. I will remove the bar you see with the wooden top and make another smaller bar like the white one pictured behind the couch(I’m a carpenter. I can build just about anything :)
I will be adding another piece of wood to the screen to cover the black part and painting it all the dark gray to blend Into the wall so you only see screen. I’m thinking about taking a small 4-5” crown and running it down the left and right side of the room and putting rope light in it.

The room now has Lutron home kit dimmers to control the front 4 lights and back 4 lights just by asking Siri or Alexa to turn off. The thermostat for the room is also controlled by Siri or Alexa.
Oh. And a harmony hub and remote is upstairs and is all controlled by Alexa

How does everything sound and what am I missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
enjoy it...

I keep looking at so many things I want to improve in my space that I often dont take the time to just enjoy the work I have already put in.
Great advice. No worries with that though. I haven’t even done much and it’s been a year to get to that point :). I literally built and painted the white bar the night before the super bowl for a party I had. That bar is 78” x 16” x 36”. It’s screwed together where it can easily be taken apart and moved downstairs.

Great job on your forever home manhouse lol. Quickly skimmed through it. You HAD/HAVE a lot going on. When I get some free time I’m going to check it out more. I only have a 16 x 36 room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts