Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well i use a PJ for movies, but i need a new tv for everyday viewing. I would like hdtv, something bright enough for daytime & XBOX compatible (burn in?) What do you guys use? Thx for the suggestions.

---neog

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would the 34" seem small? Right now i use a 32" 4:3 t.v.

---neog

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think the 34 inch Sony is ideal for a family to view. We sit about 12 feet from the screen with a great external sound system. The Sony looks very good on HD and on SD..of course, the HD being better. DVD"s also look great on the set. And it has a full 2 yr..in the home..warranty..parts and labor. And there are many authorized Sony service stations around. By the way. the Sony 34 inch set has one of the best sound system on a direct view set..maybe the best. The bass is outstanding for a tv set.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bigest tube you can buy is RCA 38" 16:9 but not flat. Has NTSC, ATSC and DIRECTV tuner build in and is less than $2000.

Also Samsung has exelent image quality for price.

Sony is $$$$ an Panasonic has not as good image quality.

Artur

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've been happy w/my Samsung 3097 - 30" 16x9 (about a 25" when in 4:3 mode). Can't beat it for the ~$1000 price. Watch out for the 3096 - no 3:2 pulldown.

- Jim

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Doesn't the RCA have issues? Not sure if it's really a "deal".

Any bigger direct views coming soon?

thx.

---neog

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
..my opinion..direct tvs' (HD) getting to their limit of size and weight. As plasmas break below $3000, time to begin to look at them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.