AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Acer 5360 and ordered the Nvidia 3d vision kit. Is there a cheaper solution than ordering more glasses at $149 a pop for nvidia? I want at least 2 more pair.

thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
you can use dlp link glasses. The projector does dlp link by default so the glasses will sync while the nvidia ones sync with the emitter. You can also look around on ebay and pick up a good deal. I got the whole 3d vision kit for 110 shipped this morning was cheaper than buying the glasses alone.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraslor /forum/post/19647450

you can use dlp link glasses. The projector does dlp link by default so the glasses will sync while the nvidia ones sync with the emitter. You can also look around on ebay and pick up a good deal. I got the whole 3d vision kit for 110 shipped this morning was cheaper than buying the glasses alone.

thanks for your help.. I just ordered 2 pair of dlp link glasses.. Should be a busy weekend setting all this stuff up.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duaned /forum/post/19652161

thanks for your help.. I just ordered 2 pair of dlp link glasses.. Should be a busy weekend setting all this stuff up.

The DLP-link glasses will not sync properly and you are going to have to correct the eye order at all times.

You should order the nVidia glasses and sell the extra IR transmitters on eBay.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester
The DLP-link glasses will not sync properly and you are going to have to correct the eye order at all times.

You should order the nVidia glasses and sell the extra IR transmitters on eBay.

Mathew Orman
why would they not sync properly? The projector is a dlp link 3D projector.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
DLP-Link can reverse L/R, current users of DLP-link report it in varied degrees of frequency.

Lots and lots of dlp-link users on here including myself with quite satisfactory results.

Please report back on how you like the solution.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraslor /forum/post/19653222

why would they not sync properly? The projector is a dlp link 3D projector.

Because the DLP-link on all projectors is not fully implemented.

The DLP-Link glasses only work correctly with 3D-TVs using checker board pattern.

See my other posts for more detail explanation.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
A dialog between a level 1 support rep at Optima and Icestar has convinced Icestar that every time that new content over a 3D frame sequential interface to Optima is started that Optima arbitrailily decides which eye to support first instead of continuing to supporting the eye sequence of the previous content which of course means that the new content would only have the DLP-Link glasse in the correct sequence mode 50% of the time if this assuption is true.

Users such as JOHNnDEVER have not found this to be true when unsing DLP_Link glasses with their Optima Projectors.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by disolitude /forum/post/19669648

I will settle this debate next week.

I have Acer H5360, a Samsung LED DLP TV, nvidia 3D vision...and I just ordered a pair of viewsonic DLP link glasses.

Lets see what works and what doesn't...

I did the same.. here's hoping!

·
Registered
912 Posts
No, you won't settle the debate in icester's mind; many of us have that setup, but he will insist he knows better regardless of what those of us USING the system report.

He's right that you do occasionally have to set the sync when starting a 3d sequence (game, movie, whatever), but you most assuredly does not "...have to correct the eye order at all times."

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp /forum/post/19672148

No, you won't settle the debate in icester's mind; many of us have that setup, but he will insist he knows better regardless of what those of us USING the system report.

He's right that you do occasionally have to set the sync when starting a 3d sequence (game, movie, whatever), but you most assuredly does not "...have to correct the eye order at all times."

You keep posting false staments about me over and over.

There is nothing to settle.

It was confirmed by both inventor of DLP-Link, Texas Instruments and OPTOMA a manufacturer of DLP-Link projector.

Also there is not a single person that would not agree that he must use either the remote or buttons on a DLP-Link projector to correct the eye order manually every time he or she sees the pseudo stereo.

What is the problem with you?

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
787 Posts
Because your explanation on why and how often you have to swap the eyes was wrong, we knew it, we told you about it, TI confirmed what we said but you still use the same incorrect explanation to describe the issue these particular DLP projectors are facing.

And this annoys us.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShark /forum/post/19704181

Because your explanation on why and how often you have to swap the eyes was wrong, we knew it, we told you about it, TI confirmed what we said but you still use the same incorrect explanation to describe the issue these particular DLP projectors are facing.

And this annoys us.

It is still 50% random chance on any interruption of quad buffer or on every start, pause or glitch on systems that use software page-flipping.

TI did not confirm any of your statements since it was only I who had converse with both TI and OPTOMA.

At this point your arguing is considered as spamming unless you provide your own versification that both TI and OPTOMA uphold your statements.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know what the argument is all about above, but I got my viewsonic 3D DLP link glasses and they work great with 3D vision when using 3D Acer projector or a SAmsung DLP...

Sometimes I have to invert the shutter sequence at the beginning of the movie but I have yet to have them go out of sync during a movie.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disolitude /forum/post/19713011

I don't know what the argument is all about above, but I got my viewsonic 3D DLP link glasses and they work great with 3D vision when using 3D Acer projector or a SAmsung DLP...

Sometimes I have to invert the shutter sequence at the beginning of the movie but I have yet to have them go out of sync during a movie.

Thank you for confirming.

That "sometimes" amounts for random 50% chance.

Also if one uses software-page flipping it may happen very ofter during a playback of single movie.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
16,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disolitude /forum/post/19713011

By "sometime"s do you mean 50% of the time if not about what percent of the time do you mean by "sometimes"?

What is the source and format of the 3D content you are sending to your PJ or TV?

If the source is 720p frame sequential from Nvidai 3D vision are you also using the Nvida glases concurently?

·
Registered
39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/19713551

By "sometime"s do you mean 50% of the time if not about what percent of the time do you mean by "sometimes"?

What is the source and format of the 3D content you are sending to your PJ or TV?

If the source is 720p frame sequential from Nvidai 3D vision are you also using the Nvida glases concurently?

So far I've watched resident evil afterlife SBS, step it up 3D bluray and various other short movies. There are a lot of aspects at play which determines the shuttering when starting a movie. Acer projector has a built in "invert" mode which switches the shutter sequence for dlp link as does the 3D video player...

Since Viewsonic glasses have the ability to switch the sequence as well, I really don't pay attention to the video player and projector shutter settings. The worst what can happen is that I may have to push the power button on the glasses 1 more time to correct the sequence...no big deal at all.

What I am saying is that glasses have yet to go out of sync for me...just the initial setup is where I need to switch the shutter sequence.

Otherwise I like the viewsonics a lot better than 3D vision glasses. 3D vision glasses are better looking(more comfortable) and i like the rechargeable battery, but the picture seems better with DLP link. Also, the 3D vision glasses are prone to random blinking and losing sync with the base. I have yet to have this happen with DLP link while looking at the screen.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.