AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a TV tuner/capture card.

I'm not really looking for a card to be used as a PVR I am looking for a card to capture video to be archived.

Most of the TV tuner/capture cards I have researched capture and record their video as mpeg2 to save space on the HD. Since I will be working with a very limited amount of video HD space is not critical to me.

What is more important is the quality of the video/audio. I would like to capture analog cable at 720 x 480 (or as close as I can get) 6mb/s with stereo audio. I would like to capture in the .AVI format using a relatively lossless codec (I think raw AVI is unpractical though).

I would like to have the ability to do unattended captures.

I have been capturing analog home video using Pinnacle Studio 8 and a Studio DC10+ card successfully for some time now. Recently I purchased a digital camcorder and have also been successful with it. The problem with these alternatives concerning analog cable is I do not have the ability to do unattended captures.

Years ago I purchased a ATI TV Wonder but it was very limited in screen resolution and data rate. The .AVI files created were not compatible with Studio 8 editing software.

Thanks for any help in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.