AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a limit of approximately $3000, what plasma televsion would you buy? Thanks! Oh, yes it must be compatible with future DRM efforts. Thanks again!

·
Registered
447 Posts
EvilNewbie,

How far will you be sitting from the screen?

Take Care,

Richard

·
Vendor
31,388 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will probably be sitting about ten feet or so from the screen. Was thinking of getting a panny since they are lowering the price soon? Any recommendations when the price drops? Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNewbie
I will probably be sitting about ten feet or so from the screen. Was thinking of getting a panny since they are lowering the price soon? Any recommendations when the price drops? Thanks!
28th i think

the 42px50u is $2099 online right now

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd buy the Panny 50px50 in 2-3 months, following the a) rumored end-Aug price drop, b) new competition from Pioneer and others, and c) the "gotta have it by football season" buyers have all come about. :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well what I plan to do with a similar budget is get the TH-42PWD8UK and with the money left over, get a decent set of home theatre speakers! Also here in earthquake country table stands are a bad idea anyway so will bolt to a cabinet.

Also no tuner, so can buy that seperately, or use the cable TV DVR, or buy a Tivo. I call this the "a la carte" approach, since I can upgrade each function as it needs to be. If you watch more television than movies, then of course the consumer "dinner for two" might be a better fit.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
next week the 50 inch vizio plasma goes on sale at costco for $2499

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Tonic
next week the 50 inch vizio plasma goes on sale at costco for $2499
Actually, the sale price (with a coupon) is $100 more

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How can I get a coupon for the Costco model? The vizio sounds pretty interesting with pretty good inputs, only question is if the lack of a HD tuner will be that significant?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
At 10feet viewing distance, a 50" model would be best or a 42" ED model. The 42" HD model is best at under 8feet viewing distance for your eyes to resolve all the HD detail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.