AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to build my first HT sub very soon. i have built a few car audio sub boxes with great results but am new to HT subs.

it needs to obviously dig low on movies but i also want it to sound good on music. my front towers can easily go down to 60hz (actually 40hz on music at high levels would be fine) but my rears and center won't be able to handle any lower. so 60 will be my crossover point.

so... i am thinking of doing a sunosub with an SDX15. i would imagine a 6" port flared on each end will be enough port.

my question is where do i tune? 15hz, 18hz, higher, lower? whats a good compromise for both movies and music?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon_68 /forum/post/14332487

You may want to try posting over in the DIY speaker and subwoofer area of the forum:

Also, if you haven't already, you should download WinISD and run some models to see how it looks at the different tuning frequencies.

ok i'm new here so i wasn't sure which of the two to post this in. but thanks, i'll do that.

i will give winisd a shot. but i also know that room gain will have its ways with the graph that winisd makes up.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/14332497

ok i'm new here so i wasn't sure which of the two to post this in. but thanks, i'll do that.

i will give winisd a shot. but i also know that room gain will have its ways with the graph that winisd makes up.

True, but you'll also get a glimpse at what kind of port noise to expect (if any) and see at what point your driver's exceeding xmax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts