AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this problem with my video and dont know what it is. i have only noticed it an HD 1080i material and have been discribing it as a shimmer but dont know if that is the correct definition. its more noticable on surfaces with vertical lines ,not necesarily during moving scene but perfect when paused. a good example is the begining of the new batman film, first scene where the left side white tower block has the effect all over it. also kung foo panda begining when poh is laying on the floor,stationary scene but the wood is 'moving'

is it a deinterlacing problem?

if i up the reolution to 1080 it minimizes the problem but its still there and as my display is native 1280x720 that dosnt make sense to introduce further scaling.

i have treid different software players and hardware on my pc and am begining to think its the projector (SANYO Z4) but its frustrating when you know it can do better and i really dont want to have to keep selecting 1080 for hd

i know this isnt the pc forum but i thought you guys may have more experience with video problems and how to get rid of them,(i used to be an iscan user)

knowing what it is would be a good starter

hope someone can explain this

thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i have at least discovered what it is after watching the HQV test video

it appears to be the same effect as demonstrated in the film resolution loss test, a racing car passing the stands clip

this is to do with 'hd inverse telecine' and 3.2 cadence to do with 24fps

i did manage to do some screen prints but they dont show up to well but to me is good news as i know now its not my display

just have to figure out how to eliminate it, so will try posting on the htpc forum for this

would like yo know your experiences with VP's though and eliminating this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts