AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a monitor profile that has worked fairly well for me to help even out my wide gamut display, but I am not entirely sure what programs I should expect to be able to use it. Obviously Photoshop is one of them, which I use. Firefox 3 used to be one. What else?

Speaking of Firefox, is there a replacement now for color corrected web browsing using my icc v4 profile? Barring that, is there a way I can create a downgraded v2 copy of my profile to use in the current version?

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've looked for lists for this sort of thing but searching for anything related to color management is just about a lost cause.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
mostly just professional graphic design and print apps.

There isn't a central list anywhere.

Also i've never seen a video app that supported ICC.

·
Registered
773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/18257347

mostly just professional graphic design and print apps.

There isn't a central list anywhere.

Also i've never seen a video app that supported ICC.

QuickTime X supports colour management for video playback.

Safari will use ICC v4 profiles, but only for tagged images.

Firefox can be set up to colour manage everything on a page - anything untagged is treated as sRGB. (as it should be) With a v4 ICC profile you need 3.0.x , with a v2 display profile you can use the latest version.

Whether or not you can create a v2 profile depends on your profiling software. I use ColorEyes Display Pro which gives you the option to create matrix/LUT ICC v2/4 profiles. Perhaps you could use the trial?

Pretty much anything else that supports colour management seem to be photo/design applications.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is handy, thanks!

Would anyone be so kind as to convert my v4 profile for me? I got the profile from a lengthy monitor thread from another, reliable user. I'm sure it's not perfect but it is pretty solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts