2) LCD - It's as good and cheap as anything out there

3) HD2 DLP (720p)

4) HD3 DLP (1080p)

5) SXRD - SONY will kick booty

6) LCOS/DILA - JVC still got it

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
The new 1920 x 1080 Sanyo LCD with MLA and high contrast technology.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
anything except the new 1920 x 1080 Sanyo LCD with MLA and high contrast technology.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Jealous

No stupid quotes here as all my stupid things are written above the line.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
no

do you want your shoes back now?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK kids, we get it.

One likes Sanyo LCD, one doesn't.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, it's interesting to see by how much HD2 is leading so far.

It either means that people are satisfied by its price/performance ratio, or the other emerging technolgies/resolutions are not close in the horizon.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I voted for LCOS/D-ILA. Although I have high hopes for SXRD, and will go that route if the final product delivers, I can't give my vote to a technology that isn't available yet.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robert, true, the technology is here but if you look at the marketing numbers, in 2002 LCD had more than 60% of the market with DLP a distant second. In 2003 so far, DLP has about the same market share with LCD technology (not LCOS/DILA).

This shows an enormous consumer shift to DLP unless another "stud" emerging technology surfaces.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jorus,

as you can see from the member postings here, the anticipation for SXRD is palpable.

I wonder if Sony even has any idea that this is going on. Then again, SNE is a giant multinational $multibillion$ corporation. I doubt they care about a few hundred (dozen?) FP videophiles...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know, I know, but you can dream can't you?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quote:
It either means that people are satisfied by its price/performance ratio, or the other emerging technolgies/resolutions are not close in the horizon.
To me it means that if I can get a good price on a Sharp 10K projector I can be happy for several years to come. There will always be something better.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brian, well said. That's exactly my thinking too (7200)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I currently run an old 3-chip 848x600 and am still very pleased.. Can't beat the color and brightness. I am hoping that TI will get off its as_ and do the right thing quickly. My only problem is how to come up with the > $50,000 that a 3-chip HD3 would cost.. :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LordHz,

when you say 3-chip do you mean DLP or LCD?

Andreas

-------------------------------------------------------------

"D-oh!"

-Homer Simpson

:D

·
Premium Member
24,981 Posts
I think you're missing a category for the likes of the NEC HT1000 and Optoma H56, which give close to the same PQ as HD2 for $K less.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I find it hilarious that, as of this writing (5:40pm 5/5/2003), CRT is beating LCD in the digital projector forum. :) Not much future for mister transmissive, is there?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.