AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newbie regarding Front Projection and would like to know your suggestions of a Projector for Satellite TV via Dish Network, DVD's and a HTPC.

Thanks for your help

JAH

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price range up to $2500 for the projector and the room is 23' by 13'

Thanks

JAH

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just put together my first system, the cost was just under $2,000. I have everything you listed:

Sharp pg-a10x : native xga resolution. what ever projector you get purchase something that is native xga. this is a must if you want HD (don't mean to start an argument here just my opinion).

htpc: amd 2400+, 512 megs, 120 gig hd, radeon 9600 vid card, fusion hdtv11, pioneer internal dvd player. The fusion is awsome for hd its so, so for analog. took some time tweaking to get it to perform but hey thats half the fun. I am finding that i prefer s-video direct from my dtv box. I will probably research other tuner cards and just use the fusion for hd. DVDs are superb.

DIY screen made from black out cloth

If your good at building,tinkering and manufacturing you can save ALOT of money. I built the screen and the computer probably saved $500.00 and did not sacrifice any quality but gained tons of knowledge in putting the whole thing together.

keep digging and reading and asking over and over again on this forum it is well worth it.

The first time you see HD on a projector on an 88" diag screen, you my friend will be speechless

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
If you are going to use the short side then you will want a short throw projector like the sanyo z2 or panasonic 500u(both LCD) or the Nec 240k (DLP).

For the long throw side I would check out the nec 260k (DLP).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.