AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the Epson 8345 because of the price but I would also like a nice picture with the lights on. My room is 12 x 24 and I put 6 cans on the ceiling with a dimmer. I don't want to watch nascar, ufc football etc.. in the dark.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have the Epson HC2000 which puts out the same lumens. It is on the lowest light setting and about 2700 hours on the projector lamp. Photos: overhead lights on, three reading lights on in the back (one up, one down and one towards the image) of the room and one reading light shining directly on the ceiling. I should have added it is a 169 16:9 image on a wall I painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Take a look at the BenQ MH740. It's a business-class projector, but most of the Amazon reviewers are using it as a HT projector in dayrooms with satisfaction.

Great 3D, and a three-year warranty.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Also check out the DIY section of this forum, there is a user who is doing black screens for high ambient light rejection and it looks pretty decent. LG has a high end laser projector that uses a black screen too for ambient light viewing, so apparently the idea gets tossed around.

Personally I think daytime viewing should be done on a TV, leave the projector for night time viewing. But if I was absolutely set on it, I'd definitely spray paint a screen black or do a DIY grey on black spandex setup, with a high lumen projector. The BenQ HC1200 is also something you may want to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts