AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Sony Qualia 004.

It seems to be a no-brainer to me. 1920X1080 vs 1280X720....hmmm.

Troy

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
You're going to get a lot of answers on this. What I can say which is the real answer ( :) ), is that it depends on many factors, including room setup, screen size, personal preference, etc.... Pixel resolution at these levels is not the end all.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
For me it's resolution, here's my reasoning for getting the Qualia vs the 777 (and no I don't own either one).
  • SXRD has a better fill factor vs DLP (93% vs 85%) - advantage Qualia
  • Full resolution 1920X1080 vs 1280X720 (over 2X the resolution) - advantage Qualia
  • Equal in cost to the three chip DLP units available (including the 777). Also priced less than the three chip Sim2 HT500 & the Runvo VX-2c - advantage Qualia
  • Inputs - advantage Qualia (HDMI & DVI + assortment of analog inputs)
  • Ethernet (for firmware updates & projector control) - advantage Qualia
  • Warranty (3 years vs 2 years) - advantage Qualia
  • Rave reviews on an already released product vs no reviews (that I'm aware of) - advantage Qualia
  • Form factor - advantage Qualia (ok, so that was subjective :) )

But Jason is right, it depends on those factors he listed. There's some tradeoffs for both, but it's hard to compare the image of the Qualia to anything else right now.

Troy

·
Registered
9,769 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I know that if you can afford it then it really won't matter, but also look at bulb life and cost.

If you really are in the market I suggest you take a look at both. What is your screen size? What type of room and room size?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.