AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not the only one and I was just curious what games you guys still play. Still alot of great games I haven't gotten to yet and you could score them cheaper than ever now.

Some games I still pop in:

R-type Final

Winning eleven Evolution (I miss those all night tournaments with my buddies since WE 7. can't wait for PS3 installment if any)

God of War 2

Rogue Galaxy (still haven't beaten it)

Kingdom Hearts 2 (still haven't beaten it. I love RPG's but they take me forever)

Namco Museum (Still can't perfect score a board in Ms. Pacman, well sometimes)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Right now i'm playing :

Games i started and need to finish :

Okami, SoTC, Kingdom Heart I, just started DMC 1 before playing the 4.

I will probably replay FFX soon and i just got FF7 and FF8.. so i'll replay them too with FFIX...

And i got the GTA series to play and the MGS... damnit, too many PS2 games to play and not enough time
(and i'm not talking about PS3 games)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am playing Shadow of the colossus (8 monsters killed so far), this game is a gem and is worth playing even though graphic are not great. I still play Guitar Hero 1, Katamari and some party games with friends/girlfriend: Buzz: the mega quiz, Sing Star, Dance dance revolution.

Since I got a PS3 a week after launch, I played and completed Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

There are still game that I am tempted to pickup like Sly 3, but as said in other replies, I don't have enough time!

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Just beat Shadow of the Colossus... very glad I got into that one. I went through Devil May Cry trilogy collection at the end of last year to prep myself for #4 on the PS3. Thinking of restarting and finally finishing Ico which didn't grab me the first time. I may start MGS3 soon... looking at getting Odin Sphere down the line due to the great reviews. I still like Contra: Shattered Soldier for old school blast'em up. And finally, I want to pick up The Warriors since it's perhaps the best Streets of Rage clone out there according to some people.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
PS2 games I still play regularly:

ICO

Shadow of the Colossus

Guitar Hero 2

Gran Turismo 3

PS2 games I have waiting to be played/finished:

FFX-2

Ratchet and Clank 3

Jak 2 & 3

Manhunt 1

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Prior to buying my 60GB PS3, I hadn't owned a PS2 since late 2001 (I owned 2 and both had the DVD drive fail after about a year). As such I missed out on a lot of their games. Since picking up my PS3, I've gone thru God of War and most of the Ratchet and Clank games and still pop them in every now and then. I also have Jak 3 sitting on the shelf. Once God of War II drops to $20 I'll probably pick that up as well.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Right now, Vice City Stories and Ratchet: Deadlocked.

Still need to buy / planning to buy:

God of War 2

Resident Evil 4

Twsited Metal: Head On Extra Twsited Edition

Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
I'm still polishing off FFXII. I have a bunch of sidequests left to do and I'm not quite strong enough to kill the final boss yet, I put in like 50 hours over winter break but now that I'm back in school I don't think I've had time to get more than 7 hours in in the past three weeks, granted I've been playing other games as well though. Other than that I still need to beat DMC 3 since I've been putting that off, that game is friggin brutal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
well i have FFx-2 and FFXII , both of which i need to play, but the ps3 games are taking up my time, FFXII is really slow, and lame IMO (battle system = yuckzor), FFX-2 i havent even started. I really liked LOTR game the 2nd one with the co op (i think they all have co op, but the 2nd one if my fav), its alot of fun playing with buddies, i thought anyway lol.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I keep getting drawn back to playing Star Trek Conquest. I literally bought it the week before I decided to order my ps3. I'm always a sucker for ST- I'm just geeky like that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Currently playing:

Ico

FF12

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Gran Turismo 4 (need wheel...)

Disgaea 2

Waiting to play:

God of War 2

FFX and X-2

Dragon Quest 8

MGS: the essential collection (pre-ordered)

·
Banned
2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mog /forum/post/13012621

well i have FFx-2 and FFXII , both of which i need to play, but the ps3 games are taking up my time, FFXII is really slow, and lame IMO (battle system = yuckzor), FFX-2 i havent even started. I really liked LOTR game the 2nd one with the co op (i think they all have co op, but the 2nd one if my fav), its alot of fun playing with buddies, i thought anyway lol.

FFXII's battle system is an acquired taste, hopefully it will start to grow on you. Personally I'm at the point where it really doesn't bother me but I'd really prefer if they returned to a CTB or ATB system in FFXIII where characters line up and take turns attacking each other, I don't care if it looks dumb it's the Final Fantasy I know and love. Word to the wise: be very careful with your license points, spend them only when you have to. I screwed myself 10 hours into the game on my first playthrough and had to start over. On my current game it hasn't been uncommon for me to have a spare 500 points to fall back on.

As for FFX-2... um good luck with that lol. It's really love it or hate it. Personally I managed to quell my inner fanboy screaming that this is a bastardization of a classic and amazing piece of art and managed to enjoy the fact that the combat was good, the job system worked well, and the overall story was a good continuation of the original especially during the moments it took itself seriously. It helps that the game never stops being amusing and god damnit if you don't think Rikku is adorable you have no soul. Others don't feel the same though and were annoyed as hell with the whole girl power Charlie's Angels vibe and the strange changing your outfit to change your job system. O and good luck if you go for 100% completion, took me 3 play-throughs and the strategy guide to get that one.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
About all I still play are GT4 and Ace Combat 5. Although, I did fire up Crash Bandicoot 2 the other day. But, that's a PS1 game.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Recently I started playing Final Fantasy Tactics(PSone) and Marvel vs Capcom 2, though there are some games yall mention that I would also like to pick up

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkchurch /forum/post/13013332

FFXII's battle system is an acquired taste, hopefully it will start to grow on you. Personally I'm at the point where it really doesn't bother me but I'd really prefer if they returned to a CTB or ATB system in FFXIII where characters line up and take turns attacking each other, I don't care if it looks dumb it's the Final Fantasy I know and love. Word to the wise: be very careful with your license points, spend them only when you have to. I screwed myself 10 hours into the game on my first playthrough and had to start over. On my current game it hasn't been uncommon for me to have a spare 500 points to fall back on.

I still have FFXII new in box
i Need to take time ot play it... now that i'm single it might help

I need to see the new battle system before getting FFXIII and Crisis Core for the PSP!

·
Banned
2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/13013570

I still have FFXII new in box
i Need to take time ot play it... now that i'm single it might help

I need to see the new battle system before getting FFXIII and Crisis Core for the PSP!

Well I dunno about FFXIII yet but Crisis Core is an action RPG and is gonna more like Kingdom Hearts so you can't really get a feel for what CC is gonna be like from FFXII. FFvsXIII is gonna be the same deal, action RPG plays like Kingdom Hears. It's probably because it's Tetsuya Nomura's team that made KH, Crisis Core, and is working of vsXIII.

O btw, I have 67 hours invested in FFXII right now and I still have a lot of hunts left to go (hunts are basically sidequests that require you to kill some very strong monster) and several sidequests. Theoretically I was at the end of the game at the 60 hour mark but I need to beef up to take down the final boss. Just thought you'd like some idea of how much of a time suck this game is.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Odin Sphere is definitely something I want to get into. I've also heard alot about Shadows of the Colossus, but I can't find it for cheap anywhere. Definitely can't wait for the MGS compilation coming soon. Anyone willing to trade Odin Sphere or SotC for Kingdom Hearts 2 PM me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts