Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides those pause ad complaints?

And I don't recall this major annoyance being mentioned here:

In the find shows screen, when you start the search, there is a display of the search progress in the top 1/3rd of the screen. But as soon as there is a hit, the display is covered up by the found show's description and you no longer see the progress. So one has no way of knowing whether the search is finished or still continuing.

Now THAT"S ANNOYING!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Unless you push the lefty-arrow to make the description disappear, but yeah, it annoys the bejeebers out of me.

{Insert statements of total outrage and threats of discontinuation of custom here}

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You guys crack me up!

You know what really annoys me, I have no idea when things are going on sale any more because I haven't seen a commercial in ages, what can I do????

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
You guys crack me up!

You know what really annoys me, I have no idea when things are going on sale any more because I haven't seen a commercial in ages, what can I do????
yeah a few times recently people have been shocked at my lack of familiarity with current commercials...someone kept telling me how funny the ads for The Tick were, finally saw one the other day when I was watching Undeclared and had some (user-caused) remote control problems

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
Besides those pause ad complaints?

And I don't recall this major annoyance being mentioned here:

In the find shows screen, when you start the search, there is a display of the search progress in the top 1/3rd of the screen. But as soon as there is a hit, the display is covered up by the found show's description and you no longer see the progress. So one has no way of knowing whether the search is finished or still continuing.

Now THAT"S ANNOYING!
Absolutely. Coupled with the fact that there is significant slowdown in the machine/OS when trying to switch show displays or move back to create theme so I can see the search progress.

Calvin

·
Registered
156 Posts
But unless your using your show search feature as a way to check to see if your unit got the CG data from the last nightly dial-in, why would you want to see the search progress?. I mean it's just the +7day count read-out. And if you are using it to verify the fullness of your CG then just do as toots says and use your left "

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Toots for the tip, works just right! How did you ever figure that one out?

As to wanting to see the progress? When I know I'm going to have a conflict I like to check and see which of the programs can be deferred. The first hit is usually the one at the conflicting time which is of no interest, so I want to know the progress of the search and not sit there as a dummy trying to figure out whether the search is over and no repeats were found. Now thanks to Toots I can search efficiently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.