AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im a college student and will be moving into an apartment in a few months. Right now Im thinking of purchasing the AR HC-6 set since I have heard great things about them. What receiver would you guys match up with this set? I initially was looking at the HK 520 but the lack of a B set of speakers disappointed me. Hopefully, within the next year we will move into a house and I hoped to use the B channels to hook up speakers on the porch. Im looking to spend no more than 500-600 bucks on the receiver so shoot me some suggestions. Also, are there sets better than the Acoustic Research in the same price range? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
A Denon 1602 would be perfect for your HC6's. They can be bought on Ebay for around $300.00, and a little more at an authorized dealer. For other speaker suggestions, look here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was interested in Denon receivers as well. Can anyone tell me of a good online authorized retailer for their products? Thanks

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Denon doesn't really sell online, so you have to call the authorized vendors. I think onecall.com and jandr are both authorized. Otherwise you will have to purchase from a local authorized vendor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.