AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What receiver has 3 HDMI 1.3 inputs, 7.1 Analog inputs, and 7.1 channel pre-outs? Those 3 things are a must for me so what receivers have those features and are less than $500 street price? Are there any? Are there any coming out soon?

I still can’t believe that Yamaha doesn’t have an budget HDMI 1.3 receiver. Are there any plans for one?

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
There are a some of 2 HDMI input receivers with your other requirements such as the Onkyo 605. Instead of insisting on more HDMI inputs, do yourself a favor and get a Monoprice HDMI switch. They are very good and remote controllable. I use a 5X1 to expand my HDMI inputs from two to 6.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZiggyZ /forum/post/12916776

Onkyo 705. 3 hdmi in/ 1 out. 7.1 analog ins and outs. I just picked up a refurb from Shop Onkyo for $424.

We have a winner! Any other options before I hit buy it now?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I just bought the 9.8 integra processor. If you can find the reciever equal too I think you will be very happy. Dont forget to check for 12v triggers if you need them. Some have them some dont.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yamaha has finally released a receiver that fits this request. The Yamaha HTR-6160 has 2 HDMI 1.3 inputs(A monprice HDMI switcher makes the # of inputs a non issue now). It also has pre-outs and a new max volume setting. This should be the receiver I have been waiting for.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/p...TE&VNM=WORKING

1 - 10 of 10 Posts