1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what i have and want...

Room: 15 wide x 15 length x 12 high

Speakers: 5.1 Boston Acoustic cubes and sub

Usually use for TV and movies, occasionally music.

I have been looking at the yammy 665, pioneer 1019 and onkyo 607

Budget is around $400 but would be willing to increase a little.

Current receiver is a yamaha htr-5150 (6-7 yrs old).

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
(6-7 yrs old)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont like I can not see the volume OSD but I have not found a receiver that will do that, so that is not an issue.

I like the current yammy just looking to see if there is something out there better
No HDMI on my current and one of the optical has gone and maybe another (need to work on it this weekend). Has been pretty reliable for 6 yrs and it was an open box/demo model.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
With a $400 budget I personally would go for Denon due to MultEQ, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume. You can still find the 1909 or 789 for slightly over your budget new or well within refurbished. You also might be able to find the current 1910 close with a good sale. If MultiEQ isn't a factor the choices you have are great also along with HK and Marantz.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfsu /forum/post/17002703

What did you mean eddy?

Time to upgrade..

Maybe to the Yamaha RX-V665

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
Onkyo 607 has Audyssey 2EQ, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume so that's not a big difference from the Denon.

I keep seeing comments about the Onkyo running hot so I'd probably opt for the Denon too. Pioneer reviews have been very good also. You probably cant go wrong with either one of those receivers.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
LOL...Frog, Heat is not a problem. You pimp Denon

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/17002930

Onkyo 607 has Audyssey 2EQ, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume so that's not a big difference from the Denon.

I keep seeing comments about the Onkyo running hot so I'd probably opt for the Denon too. Pioneer reviews have been very good also. You probably cant go wrong with either one of those receivers.

Not a big difference but MultEQ does include the sub which is the only reason I would lean toward Denon at this price point. As far as heat, I've owned several Onkyos in the past including the 606 and now 706 an never had a heat related issue. The do get warm but so have the HKs, Yamahas, Pioneers and Cambridge Audio I've tried. With proper airflow it shouldn't be a problem with any brand.

·
Registered
638 Posts
find you a used onkyo 805 for about 500. the best 500 i have ever spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.