Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying thr svs sound bookshelf speaker set ... 5.1

but i would need to get a receiver to help power the system .. they say 50 per channel would sound ok .. with 75-125 per channel to sound great .. which ones do u guys recommend .. budget .. 200-500 maybe ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought a Denon AVR2106 to power the SVS 5.1 system. The Denon arrived today (speakers not for another couple of weeks) and it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjaguar

but i would need to get a receiver to help power the system .. they say 50 per channel would sound ok .. with 75-125 per channel to sound great .. which ones do u guys recommend .. budget .. 200-500 maybe ?
If those SVS speakers are truly as neutral as their FR charts claim, I'd try the digital switching Panasonic sa-xr55 first, $230 shipped from amazon.com

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Quote:

Don't get too hung-up on the wattage #s. I had a 65wpc HK, and it handled my speakers as capably (or better) than a Denon rated at >100wpc. HK conservatively rates their wattage.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Like gum stuck to your shoe no matter where you go he's there.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
The pioneer 1015tx will be a hands down winner when it comes to features and sound quality. Lou

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg
Like gum stuck to your shoe no matter where you go he's there.
ROTFLMAO...same thing can be said about God! :D

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Quote:
i was thinking of the pioneer 1015 ?
Very popular choice, so probably can't go too wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.