AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just snagged a pair of infinity primes p363 tower speakers. Need something to power them. And i dont really know what i should be looking for. I will expand with a subwoofer, as well as possibly other speakers too. So, i will need a reciever that will allow for such expansion. Id really like to spend less than 400 and thats pushing it. Im open to ideas. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzy1990  /t/1521975/what-reciever-do-i-need#post_24467179


Oh yeah. That may help with price. What wattage and features should I look for

The power doesn't matter. The features are up to you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzy1990  /t/1521975/what-reciever-do-i-need#post_24467491


Well do most receivers have settings so I can run just 2 speakers at its rates wattage?

Most if not all AVRs can run just 2 speakers in a way that has sound quality advantages over most 2 channel receivers and integrated amps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzy1990  /t/1521975/what-reciever-do-i-need#post_24467491


Well do most receivers have settings so I can run just 2 speakers at its rates wattage?

Yes. All of them do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,063 Posts
ANY receiver has enough power to run those speakers. POWER is a non-issue; don't shop for an AVR by power ratings.


I recommend the Harman-Kardon AVR 1700, which you can get for $299.


I think it has the best sound quality and overall performance for that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1521975/what-reciever-do-i-need#post_24468461


ANY receiver has enough power to run those speakers. POWER is a non-issue; don't shop for an AVR by power ratings.


I recommend the Harman-Kardon AVR 1700, which you can get for $299.


I think it has the best sound quality and overall performance for that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzy1990  /t/1521975/what-reciever-do-i-need#post_24470175


Great. Will that Harman karden push those speakers enogh to get loud?

Depends what you call "loud' and the size of the listening area. Loud means different things to different people. Hopefully you'll have a subwoofer too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1521975/what-reciever-do-i-need#post_24470226



Depends what you call "loud' and the size of the listening area. Loud means different things to different people. Hopefully you'll have a subwoofer too.
yes i will be adding a subwoofer. my room is only 20x 12 or so... nothing too big
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top