AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Bose Lifestyle 38 system with a separate wireless speaker for my kitchen. After having to deal with Bose's lack of HDMI (except for their newest models) I have decided to switch HT systems.

I'm looking at the DT ProCinema 600 w/ a receiver. I like the Onkyo TX-SR608 but I really want a wireless kitchen speaker like the one that the Bose system allowed me. What receiver and wireless system allows this? Optimally I would like to play an ipod or stored music in the kitchen while watching TV in the living room.

My budget is ~$1000 for the receiver and HT speakers and ~$400 for the wireless kitchen system. My living room is already wired thus the wireless is only for my kitchen. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'd check into sonos. Right now you can get the S5 wireless speaker and sonos zone bridge for $450. this would be much better then any other option IMO with your budget.

edit- you'd have to control the s5 from a ipad, iphone or pc/mac as the available controller costs $350

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rick /forum/post/19561122

I'd check into sonos. Right now you can get the S5 wireless speaker and sonos zone bridge for $450. this would be much better then any other option IMO with your budget.

edit- you'd have to control the s5 from a ipad, iphone or pc/mac as the available controller costs $350

That is pretty nice system as I do have itunes and an ipod touch. The only downside is that it can't access the receiver and thus no TV. If that's the best option for the price then I'll go with that. I'm not against spending $500-600 to get this option but anything above that is not worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts