AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How high up does the refresh rate go on the NEC LT150? I have an HTPC, so i assume i'll be able to make the best of it? Is the refresh rate any different when it's hooked up to a standard DVD player though?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The 150 can sync to 120 hz vertically but converts every refresh back to 60 hz. Much better to just send 60 hz to avoid tearing.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does this mean that because i cannot watch a monitor at 60hz (my eyes are too sensitive), i will be unable to watch the projector as well?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You can't watch a CRT monitor at 60hz. The problem is that CRTs do not projector a continous picture but rely on the afterglow of phosphors (and the slowness of your eye.)

That has no effect on other technologies. Ever looked at an LCD? They are extremely easy on the eyes and almost all run at 60hz.

·
Registered
855 Posts
If your eyes are sensitive, I'd worry about rainbows on an LT150. I have an LT150 and don't see rainbows but others do see them (easily) with this model.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i'm going over to audition it this week, and bringing Ronin, which is apparently famous for it's rainbowish goodness :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.