AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a Toshiba TheaterView Projection TV w/ what they called the ColorStream which have YCrCb input. I am thinking of getting an Transcoder to improve over the current Svid Res. I downoad the manual from Toshiba but it doesn't say anything about the highest Res it can take, rather it's 480i or 480p or what? Does any know? Cuz if my TV can only support 480i then there's really no point of gettin an transcoder, right?

Also, is it very diffult to use powerstrip w/ transcoder? I hear I can mess up my TV big time. Would the final quality justify all this trouble?

THanks

·
UHD Addict
38,377 Posts
What is the model # of your TV??

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well if it is an HDTV unit, then typically it will only accept 480i, 480p or 1080i. For an HTPC, you would only be able to set it to 640x480 or perhaps 540p (same timings as 1080i). Depending on what you are looking to improve, you may want to consider a more basic doubler for simplicity.

Thanks, Jason

·
UHD Addict
38,377 Posts
I have a toshiba 57HX81 and I feed it a 1548 x 540P image from my Holo3Dgraph video scaler. By sending it a 540P image I bypass the internal upconnversion to 540P which is the weak point in that years model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.