AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a Toshiba TheaterView Projection TV w/ what they called the ColorStream which have YCrCb input. I am thinking of getting an Transcoder to improve over the current Svid Res. I downoad the manual from Toshiba but it doesn't say anything about the highest Res it can take, rather it's 480i or 480p or what? Does any know? Cuz if my TV can only support 480i then there's really no point of gettin an transcoder, right?

Also, is it very diffult to use powerstrip w/ transcoder? I hear I can mess up my TV big time. Would the final quality justify all this trouble?

THanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
Your TV is an analog projection TV from about 2 years ago. It cannot display any progressive scan images. Maximum you will get from the Colorstream Inputs is 480i. Any type of scaler will not be of any use.

It is not HDTV ready. The "A" in the model number 55A60R indicates it is analog. You probably purchased it from a Rent To Own store. It was a model built specifically for tthe Rent-To-Own channel of distribution. Main feature difference between that set and a regular 55A60 is that your set included a screen protector, whereas the regular model did not. Screen protectors are a required feature of Rent To Own units, because they are returned and rented again. Very difficult to put out on rent with a scratched screen.

Mike K.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mikek747, we bough it 2 years ago from VideoOnly cuz it was cheap. And at the time I have no idea about res, quality, and not to mention using my PC with the TV. So I guess I am stuck with the current SVideo connection since transcoder will not do me any good.

About the screen protector thingy, will it degrade the picture quality, cuz if the TV is view at an angle it's kind of black out. Is it the way it is with RPTV or the screen protector thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.